Author Topic: Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau, 21st June 2014  (Read 26320 times)

Mr Pickwick goes in search of dragons and legends.

A new 600 for 2014. A spectacular cycling experience, exploring the most scenic & diverse countryside in  Wales, from the Wye & Teifi valleys in the south to the Nantlle and Conwy valleys in the north. Enjoy the tranquillity of lakes Cwellyn, Bala & Vyrnwy, and the stunning Llyn Brianne, Nant-y-Moch resevoir and Llyn Gwynant but to name a few.

Held on the longest day of the year, to maximise the use of daylight. This is a differant way to enjoy every attribute that Wales has to offer. Cycling alongside too many rivers and lakes to list, through tranquil forests & woodlands, crossing rugged mountains ranges. traversing ancient battlefields. Easy navigation of night time stages. Controls are all experienced in supporting AUK events, with hot/cold food & drink available. Dedicated night stop with full sleep facilities at 384km and 479km. Ride qualifies for SR Cymru series. Excellent pre-qualifier for PBP 2015.

Start within easy reach of M-way network (M5J9 or M50J1), campsites nearby, British rail stations within about five miles. Travelodge or Travel Inn both at M5J9. Other hotels and PHs with accomadation within minutes of start in Tewkesbury area

For those that have entred the "The Highlands, Glens & Western Isles 1300 in July 2014, this is ideal preparation.

Soft route details available now to download and view at http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-50/

Any profits generated will be donated to Marie Curie Cancer Care.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Bairdy

• Former Pints Champion
Re: Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau, 21st June 2014
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2013, 08:50:59 pm »
It's unlikely I'll be able to ride the calendar BCM next year which I was a bit gutted about but this sounds fantastic.  :thumbsup:
"And I been up to my neck in pleasure
              Up to my neck in pain"

« Reply #2 on: 18 August, 2013, 08:58:03 pm »
For those that have entered the "The Highlands, Glens & Western Isles 1300 in July 2014, this is ideal preparation.

There's a marketing term for this....  ;D   ;D  ;D

Bairdy

• Former Pints Champion
« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2013, 09:00:00 pm »
How many places are there? Is this another going, going, gone?
              Up to my neck in pain"

« Reply #4 on: 18 August, 2013, 09:05:12 pm »
How many places are there?
Lots and lots - although 6 have been sold so far

Is this another going, going, gone?
Nope, anyone that wants a start will get one - although I'm likely to close the field at 600  ;)  :-*
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Sounds fantastic and I'm most certainly in. 

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
Looks like the Bryan Chapman Scenic on steroids.  Lots of bits of Wales not on the Cambrian routes, so hugely tempted. 

Only worry with rides selling out so quick these days is that by the time I've broached the subject with Mrs CET it will probably be full.

:(
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 571 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

TOBY

• hello
you do pick your dates Mark!  >:(

Sounds heavy. Am tempted.  ::-)
I dunno why anybody's doing this!

Hillbilly

Maybe.  Lots of interesting new events next year, and this is one of those that has caught my eye (possibly as part of what would be my first Welsh SR, rather unexpectedly in retrospect given how much I ride there).

BTW WTF is Mr Pickwick?  He seems a well travelled chap.

There's  perm versions also - for those on a tight schedule - http://www.aukweb.net/perms/detail/MR13/

And for those with a spare week - http://www.aukweb.net/perms/detail/MR14/

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
Hmmm, was planning on the BCM - but might do this instead, hmmm... or even ... both.... hmmmm.

Looks fantastic anyway  :thumbsup:
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

I say  :D will make it if I can, sounds great.

Is there a date for BCM 2014 yet?  I can't see one anywhere and am keen not to miss it this year.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
A little bairdy has told me it's going to be on the 17th/18th May.

It better be, as I have to go to a wedding on the 10th and would not be happy to miss it.

Brevet Cymru, wedding, BCM in three May 2014 weekends.  Hope the w*rk doesn't come a calling then...
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
I'm meant to be on holiday, so how come I'm checking yacf and entering 600 km audaxes for 2014?! This PayPal makes life too easy.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

TOBY

• hello
There's a perm version also

But you know how I need TLC  :-*

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.

And wheels to suck  ;)
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

TOBY

• hello

Euan Uzami

I'm meant to be on holiday, so how come I'm checking yacf and entering 600 km audaxes for 2014?!
exactly, that's what you should be doing at work ;)

If I can manage to stay on my bike for a few consecutive months this sounds great ;D
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/w7bEcYT/]

[/url]

Yes, I do! I've even gone to the trouble of providing not one but TWO sleep controls. 

Bairdy

• Former Pints Champion
A little bairdy has told me it's going to be on the 17th/18th May.

It better be, as I have to go to a wedding on the 10th and would not be happy to miss it.

Brevet Cymru, wedding, BCM in three May 2014 weekends.  Hope the w*rk doesn't come a calling then...

BCM 17th,18th May. "Highly likely to the point of certainty" is what I was told....... from a higher power!
Not 100% until it shows up on the calendar though I guess.
              Up to my neck in pain"

Yummy  :thumbsup:

shyumu

• Paying my TV license by cheque since 1993
    • Balancing on Two Wheels
Interested - need to decide when to have my 20th Wedding Anniversary so that I can enjoy a long bike ride in Wales.
a journal of bicycle rides I have enjoyed:

http://balancingontwowheels.blogspot.co.uk/