Author Topic: Driving Instructor Fun!  (Read 1722 times)

Driving Instructor Fun!
« on: 30 March, 2009, 10:23:49 pm »
Today I had a driving instructor taking part with her youngster on the first day of a week long cycle-training course.

The first question was - "Why do cyclists always block the road by riding two abreast".

This week is going to be so much fun ::-)

Re: Driving Instructor Fun!
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2009, 09:02:22 pm »
A friend of mine trained recently as a driving instructor. Given that the authorities have backed Bikeability, I asked him whether he had been taught to expect cyclists often to ride relatively far out in the road. He hadn't of course.

Left hand doesn't tell right hand what it is doing, so we get another generation of motorists who haven't been trained in how other road users will reasonably behave...

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2009, 09:45:38 pm »

The first question was - "Why do cyclists always block the road by riding two abreast".

If you can block the road by riding two abreast then it must be a single track road and too narrow to pass safely anyhow.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2009, 07:50:20 am »

If you can block the road by riding two abreast then it must be a single track road and too narrow to pass safely anyhow.

..d

I like it!

Keepontriking, what's the latest?  I'm dying to hear the details of his re-education!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #4 on: 01 April, 2009, 10:10:33 am »
He's a bit busy re-cementing the patio and will be joining us shortly...

« Reply #5 on: 01 April, 2009, 10:29:05 am »
*whoosh*
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #6 on: 01 April, 2009, 10:33:45 am »
*whoosh*
He is too busy developing a relationship to build on to add to this thread at the moment.