Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1752596 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #9650 on: 10 August, 2016, 07:49:00 am »
I'm happy to go to The Compasses this evening.

So, 7:30pm at the Spa Road roundabout for the Witham peloton and take it from there???

« Reply #9651 on: 10 August, 2016, 09:05:54 am »
Grant - thanks for sorting the ticket out. Just paid.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9652 on: 10 August, 2016, 09:25:37 am »
I'm afraid I won't be riding tomorrow because I haven't bought some new wheels. Any suggestions for what wheels I should get? I think it's fair to assume this new pair will be just as likely to be rode into a mansized bollard in Belgium...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless there's something else wrong with the wheels, just buy a replacement freehub.  It's not too hard to fit one, aszuming it's a standard Shimano one (or similar).
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9653 on: 10 August, 2016, 09:27:01 am »
Spiritual home it is.  I just need to remember not to follow the previous route I took to get there.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #9654 on: 10 August, 2016, 10:24:15 am »
They is here  :D

Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9655 on: 10 August, 2016, 10:26:34 am »
I think this might be the MEMWNS's first cultural event!  :thumbsup:

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9656 on: 10 August, 2016, 07:50:15 pm »
I'll be making my own way towards the Spiritual Home, having been delayed by stuffs.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #9657 on: 11 August, 2016, 05:30:52 pm »
They is here  :D

Fantastic Huggy, but I'm having a bit of an old git type nightmare with my PayPal account. I can't login 'cos my device isn't recognised, they want to send me a text to confirm my device but they have an old phone number that I can't update 'cos I can't login.

Am I a Luddite or is PayPal totally unthought through shite?

Might have to get Mrs Fandango on the job, she's sweet and sensible and not a grumpy old git with modern fings.

Will pay you soon I'm sure.  :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9658 on: 11 August, 2016, 05:40:24 pm »
I can do PayPal, I've never, ever had a problem, its as easy as crashing into a grass verge.  I will allow you to draw your own conclusions  ;D

« Reply #9659 on: 11 August, 2016, 05:46:35 pm »
I'm afraid I won't be riding tomorrow because I haven't bought some new wheels. Any suggestions for what wheels I should get? I think it's fair to assume this new pair will be just as likely to be rode into a mansized bollard in Belgium...

Unless there's something else wrong with the wheels, just buy a replacement freehub.  It's not too hard to fit one, aszuming it's a standard Shimano one (or similar).
Have booked it into GKs today. The back wheel bearings were shot also and the breaks were worn. I love that my tyre and inner tube has outlasted my wheel... Ridiculous. When I get it back they might even have reindexed the gears for me. (Occasionally I'm kind to my bike and let the experts have a go at it.)

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #9660 on: 11 August, 2016, 07:36:00 pm »
I can do PayPal, I've never, ever had a problem, its as easy as crashing into a grass verge.  I will allow you to draw your own conclusions  ;D

I have drawn some conclusions, you git. ;D

Fortunately, Mrs Fandango has come to the rescue and arranged payment to huggy.

Also, by circuituous means, nearly depriving me of the will to live, I've resurrected my blasted PayPal account, so all good, I can function again in this wonderful, technological world. What did Marx say about alienation?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9661 on: 12 August, 2016, 08:32:51 am »
Next Wednesday I am doing a Witham Cycling led ride to The Swan at Little Totham, the route is HERE, it features a modest amount of climbing plus some comedy off-roading (ideal for your gravel tyres tippers  :thumbsup:  ).

You lovely people are most welcome to join.  I have asked the WC crew to be at the Spa Road roundabout for 7pm with a view to riding off promptly at 7:30pm.  I've said we'll be back in Witham by 11pm so I won't be staying until closing time.

« Reply #9662 on: 15 August, 2016, 12:25:47 pm »
 :thumbsup: Luckily I am working from home on Wednesday so should be all set to go!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9663 on: 15 August, 2016, 01:08:45 pm »
:thumbsup: Luckily I am working from home on Wednesday so should be all set to go!

Could you bring your gravel bike?  I'd like to have a look at the tyres. 

« Reply #9664 on: 15 August, 2016, 01:41:44 pm »
Yep, will do. If I get away in time I might even get them covered in Shite for the full effect  ;D

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #9665 on: 15 August, 2016, 02:08:14 pm »
Next Wednesday I am doing a Witham Cycling led ride to The Swan at Little Totham, the route is HERE, it features a modest amount of climbing plus some comedy off-roading (ideal for your gravel tyres tippers  :thumbsup:  ).

You lovely people are most welcome to join.  I have asked the WC crew to be at the Spa Road roundabout for 7pm with a view to riding off promptly at 7:30pm.  I've said we'll be back in Witham by 11pm so I won't be staying until closing time.

I'm hoping to join you from Spa on Wednesday, I will be giving the COR a swerve though as I don't think the Zipp's will like that very much

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9666 on: 15 August, 2016, 02:26:51 pm »
Yep, will do. If I get away in time I might even get them covered in Shite for the full effect  ;D

Oh goodie, we do like bikes covered in shite.  Which neatly brings me onto ...  ::-)

I'm hoping to join you from Spa on Wednesday, I will be giving the COR a swerve though as I don't think the Zipp's will like that very much

I'm sure you and I have spoken before about your choice of bicycles and cycling equipment in general.  I can see this chat needs to be repeated.  Please turn up on Wednesday with a notebook and pack of crayons, you'll clearly need to take notes as my carefully crafted and important points aren't sinking in.

Once more for effect ...  ::-)

The Retiree

« Reply #9667 on: 15 August, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »

I'm sure you and I have spoken before about your choice of bicycles and cycling equipment in general.  I can see this chat needs to be repeated.  Please turn up on Wednesday with a notebook and pack of crayons, you'll clearly need to take notes as my carefully crafted and important points aren't sinking in.

Once more for effect ...  ::-)

Oh okay I will put the power meter on the Brompton and bring that instead!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9668 on: 15 August, 2016, 02:38:42 pm »
That's better.

The Retiree

« Reply #9669 on: 15 August, 2016, 02:40:57 pm »
That's better.

Do you think the WC gang will be happy to sit at 250/300 watts until the refreshment stop?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9670 on: 15 August, 2016, 02:56:43 pm »
That's better.
Do you think the WC gang will be happy to sit at 250/300 watts until the refreshment stop?

I have no idea what that means.  And there's no need to wear the replica Sky or GB Olympic (2012) kit either.  Don't you have normal cycling clothes that perhaps you even paid for?

By the way, I doubt I will be out next Wednesday evening as I am crewing for Rear Entry Admiral ted on one of this boats at Mersea Regatta Week.  "Ready about, lee ho!"  I'm very excited and can barely wait  ;D

The Retiree

« Reply #9671 on: 15 August, 2016, 03:19:00 pm »
That's better.

I have no idea what that means.  And there's no need to wear the replica Sky or GB Olympic (2012) kit either.  Don't you have normal cycling clothes that perhaps you even paid for?

By the way, I doubt I will be out next Wednesday evening as I am crewing for Rear Entry Admiral ted on one of this boats at Mersea Regatta Week.  "Ready about, lee ho!"  I'm very excited and can barely wait  ;D

I shall insure that I 'fly under the radar' and wear my WC top from GK Motors

I have managed to bag a ride on the motor cruiser with Ted next week sadly the chef is on leave so we shall be retiring to the yacht club for drinkies and nibbles

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9672 on: 15 August, 2016, 03:37:45 pm »
Motor cruiser = cheating!

« Reply #9673 on: 15 August, 2016, 04:34:41 pm »
There is no motor on next week's vessel. 

We will be sailing on and off the mooring in proper old school style  :thumbsup:

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9674 on: 15 August, 2016, 04:36:15 pm »
There is no motor on next week's vessel. 

We will be sailing on and off the mooring in proper old school style  :thumbsup:

Excellent!  I'm even more excited now!