Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1752591 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #17550 on: 11 March, 2022, 06:51:06 pm »
Take your whole bike over - I am sure he can hammer it in to shame (sounds like the RD hanger might be a little bent too)

Good idea!

« Reply #17551 on: 11 March, 2022, 07:02:53 pm »
Its been put on Easter Arrows Special Service by BFC so it'll be speeding towards Witham any minute now :thumbsup:

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #17552 on: 11 March, 2022, 07:24:51 pm »
Take your whole bike over - I am sure he can hammer it in to shame (sounds like the RD hanger might be a little bent too)

Kill or cure!😱

« Reply #17553 on: 11 March, 2022, 09:37:54 pm »
It’s with The Doctor

« Reply #17554 on: 13 March, 2022, 06:36:19 pm »
Hello lovely people, how about we celebrate Spring having started and the clocks about to be changing, with a follow-up event at chief’s gaff? Perhaps Friday the 25th March?:

•   Arrival at the Chequers, Great Tey any time ready for curry and a naan bread that will be served at 8pm
•   A few light refreshments before cycling back to my place for around 10PM (ish) - it's about a 10-15 minute ride
•   Tent setup and fire will be lit – I’ll provide seating for everyone
•   ~1 cubic foot of Pizzas/garlic bread will be served for late night munchies
•   Drinks into the night
•   Head-off by mid-morning to start the weekend

Facilities are in the process of being upgraded with such luxuries as a lav’ light and an on-demand hot water tap.

Bring anything you’d like to drink for the evening but I’ll also put on a couple of ales – likely from the Mighty Oak Brewing company

Donation of £6 each toward the chicken curry and naan at the Chequers would be greatly appreciated.  They will also put on a veggie option but please let me know before hand.  Further dietary requirements need to be organised directly - can always order straight off the menu

If you could let me know numbers that would be great 

Cracking time last time, sure it will be the same this time :thumbsup:

Hello Lovely People, could you tell me how many people are coming along please? I'll organise the meals and so fourth.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17555 on: 14 March, 2022, 09:13:03 am »
Hello lovely people, how about we celebrate Spring having started and the clocks about to be changing, with a follow-up event at chief’s gaff? Perhaps Friday the 25th March?:

•   Arrival at the Chequers, Great Tey any time ready for curry and a naan bread that will be served at 8pm
•   A few light refreshments before cycling back to my place for around 10PM (ish) - it's about a 10-15 minute ride

Facilities are in the process of being upgraded with such luxuries as a lav’ light and an on-demand hot water tap.

Bring anything you’d like to drink for the evening but I’ll also put on a couple of ales – likely from the Mighty Oak Brewing company

Donation of £6 each toward the chicken curry and naan at the Chequers would be greatly appreciated.  They will also put on a veggie option but please let me know before hand.  Further dietary requirements need to be organised directly - can always order straight off the menu

Hello Lovely People, could you tell me how many people are coming along please? I'll organise the meals and so fourth.

I have had a quick trawl through the preceding pages and it looks like the following have expressed an interest so far...

1. chief
2. OD
3. psyclist
4. jibers
5. fandango
6. jem
7. Tomsk
8. Oaky
9. christophe

Please shout if you'd like adding to or taking off the list  :thumbsup:

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #17556 on: 14 March, 2022, 03:27:32 pm »
Would love to come but dependent on work at the moment...
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #17557 on: 14 March, 2022, 03:33:17 pm »
As it's my last Wednesday out for the foreseeable, can we do the Swan, Little Totham? Haven't been there since John at Mighty Oak took me to meet John Pascoe a couple of months before I took over The Compasses 14 years ago today...
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17558 on: 14 March, 2022, 03:37:00 pm »
I should be OK for Wednesday and The Swan works for me.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #17559 on: 14 March, 2022, 05:16:29 pm »
As it's my last Wednesday out for the foreseeable, can we do the Swan, Little Totham? Haven't been there since John at Mighty Oak took me to meet John Pascoe a couple of months before I took over The Compasses 14 years ago today...
They may even be open - high probability from previous visits!

« Reply #17560 on: 14 March, 2022, 06:32:17 pm »
We need to tempt out Jelly Legs again, although this may be a bit of a stretch from his home....
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #17561 on: 14 March, 2022, 07:14:34 pm »
We need to tempt out Jelly Legs again, although this may be a bit of a stretch from his home....

It’s an 80km round trip which would be do-able but not this week as I have a prior commitment and I am still battling that annoying squeak.  The best part of 4 hours of that would drive me batty.  Anyway, are we sure this pub will be open. 

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #17562 on: 14 March, 2022, 07:45:00 pm »
The Queen's Head was supposed to open, I even saw them stocking up in Cash & Carry in the morning!

« Reply #17563 on: 14 March, 2022, 08:06:33 pm »
The Queen's Head was supposed to open, I even saw them stocking up in Cash & Carry in the morning!

Even the board outside said they were supposed to be open so my money is on staff illness, though I was beginning to question my choice of deodorant when the second pub closed as I walked through the door. 

« Reply #17564 on: 14 March, 2022, 08:47:08 pm »
Doubtful for me this week as bike is undergoing surgery, as you all know.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17565 on: 14 March, 2022, 08:55:03 pm »

You need a back up bike!

« Reply #17566 on: 14 March, 2022, 08:55:59 pm »
I need you to speak with my wife. :thumbsup:

« Reply #17567 on: 14 March, 2022, 09:08:19 pm »

I have had a quick trawl through the preceding pages and it looks like the following have expressed an interest so far...

1. chief
2. OD
3. psyclist
4. jibers
5. fandango
6. jem
7. Tomsk
8. Oaky
9. christophe

Please shout if you'd like adding to or taking off the list  :thumbsup:

I can't make it this time unfortunately. I've got a family thing that weekend....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #17568 on: 15 March, 2022, 06:34:19 am »

Fatal mistake!  Remember bikes are investments!  ;D

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #17569 on: 15 March, 2022, 08:35:04 am »

Fatal mistake!  Remember bikes are investments!  ;D

You’re not doing it right until you have at least 5 bikes of which only one or two are working properly at any given time…

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #17570 on: 15 March, 2022, 04:46:11 pm »
I may be in attendance, plague house should return to normality tomorrow and I am still testing negative... 
Regards,

Joergen

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #17571 on: 15 March, 2022, 07:11:09 pm »
Awaiting the General Post Office to deliver new headset bearings - then re assemble the front end of the bike. They may deliver Wednesday.
The back end of the bike is fully functional, set up and quiet.

Timing for Nick to ride it this Wednesday is very tight.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #17572 on: 15 March, 2022, 07:13:19 pm »
I should be Swanning around tomorrow ... it might be waterfowl-friendly sort of weather too.

« Reply #17573 on: 15 March, 2022, 07:40:23 pm »

Fatal mistake!  Remember bikes are investments!  :-D

You’re not doing it right until you have at least 5 bikes of which only one or two are working properly at any given time…

You see, I have so much to learn still...

« Reply #17574 on: 15 March, 2022, 07:47:03 pm »
Awaiting the General Post Office to deliver new headset bearings - then re assemble the front end of the bike. They may deliver Wednesday.
The back end of the bike is fully functional, set up and quiet.

Timing for Nick to ride it this Wednesday is very tight.

Yes, doubtful I should think!

That said, I have a day off work tomorrow so if the stars do end up aligning, please let me know! The only thing I do need to do is take my daughter to Epping at 1730 :thumbsup: