Author Topic: Festive bike lights  (Read 2754 times)

Festive bike lights
« on: 15 November, 2012, 11:44:52 pm »
Is there a thread for this already? I couldn't find it. It's a bit early I know, but I put the first set of fairy lights on my bike. Might get a second set on there, and some valve cap lights too (both in the drawer from last year). Does anyone else do this, or is it just me? Here's the first shoddy picture. Better ones to follow in due course.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Festive bike lights
« Reply #1 on: 16 November, 2012, 09:32:34 am »
Not until December, please.  :hand: Then go as festive as you like.  :)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 16 November, 2012, 09:51:33 am »
The tent fairy lights will, no doubt, be repurposed again.  Last year, they were on the Dawes tandem.  I rather fancy that, this year, they will be on the Circe ;)

I need to get more practice stoking that machine :)
Getting there...

« Reply #4 on: 16 November, 2012, 06:21:11 pm »
Here are last year's (with and without flash - with the flash, the reflectors outshine the lights a bit!). The little tree on the rear rack was a bit impractical, really, as the tip got knocked every time I got on or off the bike.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 16 November, 2012, 06:32:04 pm »
The little tree on the rear rack was a bit impractical, really, as the tip got knocked every time I got on or off the bike.

Good training for captaining a tandem...

I think I'm going to have to find some LED goodness for December's Critical Mass.  That's usually a festival of blinkenlights and santa hats.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6 on: 18 November, 2012, 02:00:42 pm »
Good training for captaining a tandem...
This is why the woman normally goes on the back of the tandem with a male/female couple.

It has nothing to do with the man's desire to be in control.  It is because the man would otherwise be booted in the nads every time the woman mounted the bike.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #7 on: 18 November, 2012, 03:13:56 pm »
Poundland etc have lots of USB powered fairy lights to stick round your computer.

They also have little boxes that take 4xAAA batteries and offer a USB socket as an emergency USB device charger.

Insert plug a) into socket b) and Robert's your dad's brother.
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #8 on: 29 November, 2012, 11:18:10 am »
Technically that is a plug A into socket A as plug and socket B are the other sort of USB socket.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #9 on: 29 November, 2012, 11:23:27 am »
That's given me an idea, I have a cache battery with type A sockets (two of) so I can have USB-powered lights for Xmas ride....

Shall nip into town later :) Hope Wilkos or Boyes do some as we don't have a Poundland here...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: 29 November, 2012, 11:42:52 am »
This is why the woman normally goes on the back of the tandem with a male/female couple.

It has nothing to do with the man's desire to be in control.  It is because the man would otherwise be booted in the nads every time the woman mounted the bike.

You should stoke for me sometime, Roger  :D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk