Author Topic: Am I mad ?  (Read 2397 times)

Am I mad ?
« on: 13 April, 2008, 03:51:33 pm »
I just ordered 625 grammes of loose leaf tea on line for £30. I have finished all the black teas I got in my sample pack a month or so ago (I liked them all bar one so far) and have ordered 125 grammes each of my favourites. I hesitated at the checkout thinking this is mad for teas I can get that much PG Tips for £3 but then I thought four bottles of wine would cost that much and the tea is just as complex and will take me a dam sight longer to drink and pulled the trigger.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Am I mad ?
« Reply #1 on: 13 April, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »
You see this?  That's you, that is.

Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #2 on: 13 April, 2008, 07:50:51 pm »
Where did you get it? Mrs Woofage and I deeply regret making gifts of most of the tea we brought back from Sri Lanka :-[. I'd love a source of really good OP or BOP.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #3 on: 13 April, 2008, 10:02:56 pm »
I got mine from Nothing But Tea. They do sampler sachets that contain enough tea (about 10g) for four cups for about 50p or do like I did and order the complete Black Tea sampler that has all of their black teas for £17. It's kept me entertained and off the booze  during the week for a month. I got the Oolong sample collection as well but have only tried a couple of those as yet.
The only one I haven't liked so far is a Smoky Caravan Chinese tea that tasted like wood smoke. Very pungent and probably a very acquired taste. If you like peaty Whiskey I guess it might be up your street though. In my case I found it interesting but I don't want another cup.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #4 on: 14 April, 2008, 10:06:17 am »
At the weekend my partner asked if I remembered the name of the shop in London where I used to buy 'proper' tea, loose. I had to admit that I have absolutely no recollection of this. Is tea bad for the memory?

« Reply #5 on: 14 April, 2008, 09:17:29 pm »
At the weekend my partner asked if I remembered the name of the shop in London where I used to buy 'proper' tea, loose. I had to admit that I have absolutely no recollection of this. Is tea bad for the memory?

If you drink a lot of tea, then the evidence appears to be that it is.
So, how much tea do you drink?
Or can't you remember the last tea you had?
 :P