Random Musings > Gallery

Panoramas

(1/87) > >>

zzpza:
Anyone here playing with panoramas? I've been using an application called Hugin a bit and seems to be getting some good results from it. Best of all, it's open source. :)

Here's a pic I took of Wayland's Smithy.

With a bigger version here.

TimO:
Yep, I've used Hugin (and obviously the associated PanoTools) a fair bit.  It can take a bit of effort to get a decent shot, but some can look quite good.

I like this shot of Lambeth Bridge.

Click for bigness
The Thames is good for this sort of thing.  I've got one somewhere, that was taken a few minutes later on, from the south side looking towards Parliament.  It took me a while to realise that the same couple was visible on both "sides" of the picture.  Walking towards me on the left, and walking away on the right!

This shot of Ilfracombe would have been better, if some of the originals weren't blurred, but I didn't put it together until after I had left.

Click for bigness

Jaded:
I love panoramas! I'll hunt some down.

andygates:
Here's one of Longleat (alas with one really obvious stitch-line)

And a couple of indoor shots while testing Hugin.  Indoor panoramas are kinda cool. 

You know, a big panorama would be perfect as the anchor image for a photosynth...

TimO:
This was an indoors one I took of the new kitchen in my old house, just after it was done, and just before I flogged the place

Click for bigness
It's quite hard to get an image with this wide an angle indoors, to look acceptable.  The camera I used was a small cheap 3M one, the image could have done with some more processing to remove the jaggies on the shallow angles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version