Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526193 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #3400 on: 07 December, 2018, 07:28:17 pm »
No idea. Let’s float 8:30 at Spa Road roundabout and see what people think.

« Reply #3401 on: 07 December, 2018, 07:34:43 pm »
Sounds like a plan in the loosest sense. See you and whoever else there

« Reply #3402 on: 07 December, 2018, 10:25:56 pm »
I’m going to be at the Barge at about 12 or just after.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #3403 on: 08 December, 2018, 07:19:53 am »
No idea. Let’s float 8:30 at Spa Road roundabout and see what people think.

I will be there for 8:30.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3404 on: 08 December, 2018, 07:42:20 am »
Where are we having breakfast?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3405 on: 08 December, 2018, 07:44:03 am »
You were having breakfast at spoons in Maldon I think.
I’ll be at Mighty Oak for 11.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #3406 on: 08 December, 2018, 12:01:16 pm »
Nobody at Mighty Oak when I went there at 11:30, although suspiciously there were a few bikes. Weatherspoons was equally empty, so I found the Barge tea rooms.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3407 on: 08 December, 2018, 04:21:31 pm »
Nobody at Mighty Oak when I went there at 11:30, although suspiciously there were a few bikes. Weatherspoons was equally empty, so I found the Barge tea rooms.

And the prize for ACME Being Mr Observant goes to...   ::-)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3408 on: 08 December, 2018, 05:16:42 pm »
Trust it was all enjoyable today, sorry for the non attendance, I suffered a huge amount of CBA after not getting to bed til just before 03:00 and then deciding that after 3 weeks of 4AM alarms for a bike ride on a Saturday I'd ignore my alarm and woke up around 11AM!
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3409 on: 08 December, 2018, 07:41:56 pm »
Trust it was all enjoyable today, sorry for the non attendance, I suffered a huge amount of CBA after not getting to bed til just before 03:00 and then deciding that after 3 weeks of 4AM alarms for a bike ride on a Saturday I'd ignore my alarm and woke up around 11AM!

That's the fing with too much audax, brings on a massive attack of CBA then you miss out on the fun stuffs!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #3410 on: 09 December, 2018, 04:15:16 pm »

That's the fing with too much audax, brings on a massive attack of CBA then you miss out on the fun stuffs!

I'm struggling to find the correlation between you and too much Audax O D. Can you actually ride 200km?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3411 on: 09 December, 2018, 04:32:08 pm »

I'm struggling to find the correlation between you and too much Audax O D. Can you actually ride 200km?

I once heard he rode a long way with a lot of ballast, but I don't think it was 200km  ???

Light bracket coming along well... Any takers?

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #3412 on: 09 December, 2018, 05:29:35 pm »

;D :thumbsup:

Can you take a close up showing the CE mark? Lot's of sub-standard goods around at the moment ...

What's with the ACME plate in the background?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3413 on: 09 December, 2018, 05:44:32 pm »

;D :thumbsup:

Can you take a close up showing the CE mark? Lot's of sub-standard goods around at the moment ...

What's with the ACME plate in the background?

Nameplate was a bit of an experiment using photoshop to create 3D that could be printed.... I suppose if I punched the lettering through the back (i.e. reversed it) it could be fashioned into a stamp with handle etc (any interest?)

No CE mark I'm afraid, but will be experimenting with annealing it later to see how that effects the material.
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3414 on: 09 December, 2018, 06:14:39 pm »
Thanks to everyone who came along to Maldon yesterday. Good company, food, beer, sun, wind, 52 miles in [just about] daylight. A test ride of the nearly completed Kona Lava Dome Frankenbike build too - busted Kona mtb languishing in the shed and passing the Dawes on to #2 left me with only 5 bikes  :'(

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3415 on: 13 December, 2018, 12:32:39 pm »
No Bard again yesterday evening, has anyone reported him missing yet?  Perhaps we should phone the authorities.  A ride report...

It was chilly.

We went down Lowfords Lane (no idea how that happened), it was muddy, within 100m Andy C3333333333333333333333333333 had to shoulder his bike as his wheels stopped going round.  He had to remove his front wheel.  We prodded his bike with a stick.  Andy was cross with me  :'(

At the pub jibers was there looking scruffy as he's ridden there on his Clown Bike.

tippers looked scruffy as he'd ridden there on his motorbike.

Tomsk had also ridden there on a bicycle with small wheels, he didn't look scruffy at all  O:-)

We drank beer and I had a gin and tonic as well.  It was very nice.

Jem and 'fandango were late  ::-)

We talked bollox as usual.  Not much was said about audaxing so I was able to stay awake.

We went back by Lawfords Lane again but jibers showed us how to avoid the mud.  Andy was cross with me again  :'(

You must all go to THIS THREAD as tell me what you would like for lunch on Epiphany.  It is important, do it now.

Good bye, I have finished typing.

Jem

• ACME HR and Diversity officer
« Reply #3416 on: 13 December, 2018, 12:53:37 pm »
I sense the rise of a great literary artist amongst us.
Only another artistic sort could recognise this.
Would you like me to take the photos for the book when it comes out?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3417 on: 13 December, 2018, 12:59:19 pm »
I sense the rise of a great literary artist amongst us.
Only another artistic sort could recognise this.
Would you like me to take the photos for the book when it comes out?

That would be very nice.

« Reply #3418 on: 13 December, 2018, 01:28:10 pm »
We talked bollox as usual.  Not much was said about audaxing so I was able to stay awake.

When you post on your caravan club forum, does it go along the lines of:

What a spiffing good show. Not much was spoken about those awful caravans so I was able to partake in the jolly debating without so much as a kip.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #3419 on: 13 December, 2018, 01:55:17 pm »
Somebody has lost an ACME rear mud flap which is now in my posession after I found it on Collingwood Road, Witham near the junction with Guithavon Valley.

Anybody missing one?
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3420 on: 13 December, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »

When you post on your caravan club forum, does it go along the lines of:

What a spiffing good show. Not much was spoken about those awful caravans so I was able to partake in the jolly debating without so much as a kip.

Caravan Club people only talk about wife swapping  :hand:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3421 on: 13 December, 2018, 04:00:11 pm »
Somebody has lost an ACME rear mud flap which is now in my posession after I found it on Collingwood Road, Witham near the junction with Guithavon Valley.

Anybody missing one?

Yes, possibly: a newly purchased set of flaps reported missing from a pannier after the SAE on 1st. I have sent the rider a new set from Santa's ACME Grotto, but if it's just the one, flap who knows what the story is?? I'll find it a good home, unless anyone can use it.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #3422 on: 13 December, 2018, 04:39:27 pm »

Anybody missing one?

Yes, possibly: a newly purchased set of flaps reported missing from a pannier after the SAE on 1st. I have sent the rider a new set from Santa's ACME Grotto, but if it's just the one, flap who knows what the story is?? I'll find it a good home, unless anyone can use it.

It looks like it's been outdoors for a little while, so I assumed it had been fitted, but maybe that's just weather and/or being run over.  The fitting holes don't look used.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for the corresponding front flap on my way home.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #3423 on: 18 December, 2018, 11:39:04 am »
This morning I went for breakfast with a couple of workmates at a Café in Billingsgate. £4 for an amply loaded Bacon and Scallop roll and there is a full selection of breakfasts available as well and it is a proper old school greasy spoon type affair open from 3am to 10am Monday to Saturday.......anyone up for a ride to Billingsgate on a Saturday in spring?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3424 on: 18 December, 2018, 12:04:13 pm »
This morning I went for breakfast with a couple of workmates at a Café in Billingsgate. £4 for an amply loaded Bacon and Scallop roll and there is a full selection of breakfasts available as well and it is a proper old school greasy spoon type affair open from 3am to 10am Monday to Saturday.......anyone up for a ride to Billingsgate on a Saturday in spring?

Sounds like a terrific idea. I’d be up for that if we’re around. I give less than an hour before some bright spark suggests how your lovely idea can be turned into a DIY  ::-)