Pickled eggs. Well?

Yes!
38 (53.5%)
No!
15 (21.1%)
I've never lived
18 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Pickled eggs!  (Read 14468 times)

Re: Pickled eggs!
« Reply #50 on: 07 February, 2015, 09:42:27 pm »
Today, I stopped at a deli in Long Melford. They had an amazing array of scotch eggs. I was tempted by the blackpudding one, but went with apple and stilton. You may wonder why I'm talking about scotch eggs in a pickled egg thread, but after googling the deli in question, I have found out they do a pickled scotch egg! I must have missed that on the menu. Anyway, I shall go back soon to try one. I bet it's amazing - the two best types of egg combined!  :)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #51 on: 08 February, 2015, 08:20:14 am »
What are the exact details of this deli???  I need to be going there!

« Reply #52 on: 08 February, 2015, 09:12:38 am »
It's called Deli-licious and it's next to The Crown on the main street through LM. Here is their Faceache page

It turns out they buy the eggs in from The handmade scotch egg company in Herefordshire which is a little disappointing.

Just noticed you can buy from them online! Might have to get some! Here is the pickled one: Old Stager Scotch Egg

Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #53 on: 08 February, 2015, 09:30:22 am »
I'm wondering if Scotch egg miles are as big a sin as beer miles.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #54 on: 08 February, 2015, 11:07:44 am »
Voted No on the strength of the one & only pickled egg I ever tried, which was miserably sour and indigestible.  Reading further I'm half persuaded to pickle some and try again.

Very fond of Chinese Thousand Year eggs.  We used to smuggle them from France into Germany for a Chinese pal, because German food laws consider them rotten.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #55 on: 30 April, 2017, 09:21:05 pm »
Finally got around to doing this.
11 eggs (could  have fitted 12 in the bottle - I'll know next time) .  Only additions were thyme and smashed garlic cloves.
I'm going to leave them 1 month.
I'll let you know.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.