Author Topic: Can anyone here do me a B&W contact print of some ancient medium format negs?  (Read 3624 times)

Having a clear out yesterday, I found some very old - 50s and 60s - negatives. They must have been taken by my folks. I blanched when I saw what having them printed would cost, so a contact print would let me cherry pick the better ones for my mum's birthday next month. Can anyone help, or recommend a company? There are c.40-50 negs.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Have you got a scanner? Or can you investigate taking a digital photo of them?
It is simpler than it looks.

+1 for scanning, I did a few a while back in my v. cheap printer/scanner thing and they came out v. well but with a weird colour cast - not a problem you'll have...

You might even be able to do it with your iPhone if you can squish them against a white piece of paper with a sheet of glass, and work out how to light it without getting reflections.

No, I've not got a scanner. The idea of contact prints appeals so the rest of the family can get a quick idea of which ones to have printed.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Just seen this. If you still need some help drop me an email and I’ll scan and print them for you. Would be a pleasure.

Mike