Author Topic: New Comp 100 Record  (Read 1294 times)

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur

Re: New Comp Record
« Reply #1 on: 05 July, 2015, 10:01:36 pm »
 :o and  :o again
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2 on: 05 July, 2015, 10:07:08 pm »
I'm sure bunbury was on that TT (and set a PB).

« Reply #3 on: 05 July, 2015, 10:22:42 pm »
It was a phenomenal ride. Sounds like it was a good day for everyone.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #4 on: 05 July, 2015, 10:41:09 pm »
Yeah, I mentioned the comp record here!

The Stockton course is a fast course: two laps of a circuit so just four 25 mile segments, plus a mile or so of side road at each end.  The wind was light for most of it, and helpfully shifted south towards the end when most people (there were only 39 starters) were heading north for the second and last time.  The A1 also got closed for a bit so some people reported extra northbound traffic to give some extra slipstream - I can't say I noticed it but then I've got a high traffic tolerance. 

Richard came past me at one point and I stared at his disappearing number while I did the maths: he'd caught me for this many minutes, at this point in the event, which meant that if he kept that pace he'd do it in ... ooh err, he was touch and go for comp record.  As it turned out, he got even faster from then on.  As someone said in another place: if this is your first 100, what crazy state of mind makes you pace it at 30 mph?!

The Burton 100 is traditionally the fastest event; Richard said he was only doing the Teesside to get a qualifying time for the Burton.  I think he said he's not going to bother now: it'll take an extremely good day on the Etwall course to give better times than were done today.  I hate to think what time you'll need to do to get into the national 100 when it runs on Teesside next year, now that everyone knows about it.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #5 on: 05 July, 2015, 11:23:38 pm »
Yeah, I mentioned the comp record here!

Sorry, I don't follow the TT thread -  but a 30mph 100 deserves a thread of it's own surely?

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #6 on: 05 July, 2015, 11:56:35 pm »
Certainly :)

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
« Reply #7 on: 06 July, 2015, 06:52:42 pm »
Come on guys, all you need to do is 3 consecutive  longish 49 minute 25s, and then push on a bit for the last one.... :-X

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #8 on: 06 July, 2015, 07:11:39 pm »
As someone said in another place: if this is your first 100, what crazy state of mind makes you pace it at 30 mph?!

I'd be making a mistake targeting 30mph on a 1.00mile event - even with a flying start!

Very humbling.

( Rather like the 24h record - any time you go for a "quick" ride and average less than 22.5 mph,  think of Wilko riding for 24hours straight ... )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles