Off Topic > The Pub

Chess.com

(1/5) > >>

Pedal Castro:
Anyone else play on this chess server?

One of the things I said I'd do once retired but not quite got round to was picking up chess again. I used to teach it as a Junior school winter activity club but am not actually that good a player myself.

My new son in law suggested chess.com which I recently joined and it's really good. I did check but couldn't find a yacf club on the site.

My chess name is Juzilex
https://www.chess.com/stats/daily/chess/juzilex

Hot Flatus:
I'm on it all the time. Mostly the 10 minute games with people. Think I started about 3 weeks ago.  Its funny how time of day affects my ability to play.

Pedal Castro:
I've done a few 10' games but that's not helping improve because there is no time to think things through.

Hot Flatus:

--- Quote from: Pedal Castro on 27 December, 2020, 03:41:20 pm ---I've done a few 10' games but that's not helping improve because there is no time to think things through.

--- End quote ---

It's not helping me improve either  ;D

But actually I quite like the psychological warfare of moving really fast (and trying to think quickly) and force others to make mistakes. Different kind of thing, more akin to a video game, for my generation who like instant gratification (except when I lose)

Hot Flatus:
By the way, my profile name is Dwight Rortugal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version