Author Topic: The Apprentice 2015 thread  (Read 3851 times)

hillbilly

Re: The Apprentice 2015 thread
« Reply #25 on: 22 October, 2015, 09:30:48 am »
This was covered in the aftershow programme.  They set about the task in the afternoon, by which time the fishmongers didn't have any mussels left, apparently.  The could have just popped into Tesco, swallowed the hit, and avoided the £50 fine. 

The aftershow also pointed out the obvious.  It wasn't a negotiation task.  It was an organisation/logistics one.  Which is presumably why the penalties are there (i.e. you are never going to be able to negotiate a £50 discount on a 5 euro (or 4.50 euro) block of cheese).  That the candidates always treat it as an arena to squeeze down the price says a lot about their mindset.

(I have Richard and Elle in the office sweepstake.  I suspect I won't win on last night's performances).

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #26 on: 12 November, 2015, 08:40:22 am »
Well last nights had some interesting outcomes.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
It is simpler than it looks.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #27 on: 13 November, 2015, 09:27:05 am »
Ha ha. Very funny. Where'd you find that Jaders.

The young spivvie chap handled that task incredibly well I thought.

I think the project-leader girl who went immediately, was mightily relieved to be going.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Riggers

« Reply #28 on: 02 December, 2015, 09:53:59 am »
Thinking about it – they're all ghastly, the lot that are left – I'm not sure why I still watch it; maybe for the cringe-worthiness perhaps?

« Reply #29 on: 02 December, 2015, 08:58:39 pm »
I've heard a rumour that something unusual may happen on tonight's episode.  Unlikely, I know.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #30 on: 03 December, 2015, 12:33:19 am »
Well, that was attention seeking!

"I'm not going to win The Apprentice, what should I do to fulfill my ambition of getting noticed for five minutes??"

"Fire yourself".

Interestingly I cannot remember who sacked themselves two hours ago. Was it the one without the spiv moustache or the earnest thick one?

Riggers

« Reply #31 on: 03 December, 2015, 09:16:50 am »
We've taped it so will watch tonight, as my wife was at choir. The only decent chap was the private tutor one, who shouldn't have bothered being in the process at all.

I did happen to switch channels just at the crucial moment, expecting the News to have been "On by now", so witnessed that particular singular moment, almost denouement to last night's episode. "Oh!" I thought. Didn't expect that.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #32 on: 03 December, 2015, 10:42:46 am »
Interestingly I cannot remember who sacked themselves two hours ago. Was it the one without the spiv moustache or the earnest thick one?

Fwiw, it was Scott - I presume that's who you mean by the earnest thick one.

What I find interesting about it is that he actually did really well in the first few tasks, to the extent that I thought he was a genuine contender, but I've noticed in the last two or three episodes that his heart really hasn't been in it.

And when Sugar laid into him last night, that's probably the moment when it dawned on him that there were better ways of going about getting investment for your business than making a tit of yourself on national telly.

I can't imagine Brett or Richard ever showing that level of self-awareness.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #33 on: 09 December, 2015, 10:56:52 pm »
It went ok, they weren't keen on the name, all the packaging or the product itself either.

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #34 on: 09 December, 2015, 11:00:43 pm »
Gary's face. He was puckering for a kiss from a mummy with gonorrhoea.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #35 on: 14 December, 2015, 07:43:59 pm »
Apart from Vana, who is like a sulky version of Alanis Morrisette, I don't strongly dislike the survivors at this point.    I reckon the spiv will get it if he hasn't lied on his cv.  Lordsugar and he will have a sort of pikey affinity.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #36 on: 14 December, 2015, 10:13:18 pm »
My money is on Vana, unless her business idea is truly daft.

The interview stage is the best one - it really needs a double length episode.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #37 on: 21 December, 2015, 08:48:33 pm »
Spiv power!  He wasn't a patch on Vana as a presenter, and his business idea is rather unambitious (Vana's was a triumph of hope over all the available evidence), but I thought he was a surprisingly worthy winner.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #38 on: 22 December, 2015, 09:17:59 am »
Both were gloriously naive, but that's apprentices, I suppose. Can't believe a plumbing business hadn't heard of Hive or Nest. Unless he meant he'd be installing that kind of stuff. Vana's idea could work, but would need a lot of money.
It was a battle of lips once the moustache went.