Linked Events

• Not quite not the diamond jubilee campong weekend: 18 May, 2012 - 20 May, 2012

Author Topic: 18th - 20th May: Not Quite The Not The Diamond Jubilee Camping Weekend  (Read 32716 times)

I'm really hoping interest is sufficient to hold the event - which on initial reaction s I'd say it is.   I'm looking forward to seeing the Baraktamobile in action.   

I would make it if it was a week earlier. I go off to do an Ireland E2E on the 20th.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

I'm sorely tempted I have to say.  Will need to make quite a long weekend of it if I'm going to cycle from home though.  The venue looks great.  :thumbsup:

Me too - finances/diary permitting. If you fancy some company riding there/back Jim, that would be good :thumbsup:

LindaG

Diary stuff could well be our main obstacle too. But it.S too early to say. Willing but not necessarily able.

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
It so happens that this is approx 200km from Ipswich.
Except I am supposed to be doing less cycling next year.
I may see if younger guy (age 12) is interested,  and fancies cycling from Rugby (and I can put all the luggage on our bikes without a trailer etc. etc.
Taller guy not into camping.
Very tentative so assume not but I will try to keep an eye on the thread.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

That's Bryan Chapman weekend..
+1

Which means we're otherwise engaged.
 :(

Apologies to those who find the date clashes with something else.   Unfortunately there will always be these sort of problems for some people.   Maybe in 2013...    ;)

I love cycling to the Green Man, and was thinking of doing one quite soon - in spite of the so called "Camping Season", from South Brum in makes a perfect overnight camp. I will come though it may be just for Saturday night.
Oh, there is also a swimming pool and a steam room at Southam, only a few steps from the Diner.
Mark the landlord is a top host!
Terry

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
That's Bryan Chapman weekend..
+1

Which means we're otherwise engaged.
 :(

But OTOH, gives me an excellent excuse not to attempt an SR series on a somewhat inappropriate bike...

That's great Kim because I'm hoping to see you and Barakta, especially Barakta* on teh Baraktamobile  8)

* Not favouritism - honest guv  :demon:

That's great Kim because I'm hoping to see you and Barakta, especially Barakta* on teh Baraktamobile  8)

* Not favouritism - honest guv  :demon:
Well it's not so great as *I* was hoping to see Barakta on teh Baraktamobile too :P

(though admittedly not on the BCM...)

We'll have to manufacture an excuse to go to the midlands some other time.

But OTOH, gives me an excellent excuse not to attempt an SR series on a somewhat inappropriate bike...
Other 600s are available  :demon:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse

Yeah, but they're not the BCM, what'd be the point?

Just found this thread.  I'm deffo interested but don't know where I'll be coming from (likely move in the new year).  Will keep watching.  :)

Morrisette

• Still Suffolkating
    • Now Suffolkating on the internet:
Ohh this does sound interesting. I always read the YACF camping adventure reports with envy!

200km from Ipswich you say? That surely means getting the train then LOL. I guess that a rail route may be 'challenging' from Cambridge (it usually is) but I do have relatives in Coventry so maybe could stay there and sort something out....

Will keep an eye on the thread anyway :-)
Not overly audacious
@suffolkncynical

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave

Yeah, but they're not the BCM, what'd be the point?

So true :thumbsup:
Owner of a languishing Langster

Speshact

• Charlie
Blimey, this had rolled down the forum pages since I saw it and pencilled it in my diary. Is it still a goer and could it be stickied to the front page?

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
I'd forgotten about this one as well :-X is it still on for those dates? I'm up for it if it is :thumbsup:
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
i am interested in this as it is just in range  :)

Your Birthday weekend I think Chris?  See you there.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

gordon taylor

What date is this again? Sorry, I can't find it in the posts above.

edited - 18th May?

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
Schedule clash already. Sorry, I can't now attend; I've accepted an invitation to a 4-course lunch onna train for that Sunday. Arriving at Looga-borruga Central station with camping kit will not go down well when everyone else is in suits/posh-frocks.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Schedule clash already. Sorry, I can't now attend; I've accepted an invitation to a 4-course lunch onna train for that Sunday. Arriving at Looga-borruga Central station with camping kit will not go down well when everyone else is in suits/posh-frocks.

Aww go on - set a trend! :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Given your approach to lightweight camping, I don't see what's stopping you turning up with camping kit *and* a suit / posh frock.   :P

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
Given your approach to lightweight camping, I don't see what's stopping you turning up with camping kit *and* a suit / posh frock.   :P
Yebbut it's one of those events to demonstrate that an interest in trains can be maintained without a trans-normal approach to personal hygiene.  So if I've been under canvas for two days, and then cycled from Leamington to Loughborough, I'll be letting the side down.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Can you stash your suit and stuff near the train in advance? You caould always stash your bike, get washed and changed in cafe nero or somewhere and show up looking lovely and pressed :).
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

yes your right pd  :). do not foget my present ;)
the slower you go the more you see