Linked Events

• Not quite not the diamond jubilee campong weekend: 18 May, 2012 - 20 May, 2012

Author Topic: 18th - 20th May: Not Quite The Not The Diamond Jubilee Camping Weekend  (Read 33389 times)

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
yes your right pd  :). do not foget my present ;)

Depends if you're drinking Pints or them furrin' litre things!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
I may be up for this one....
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Still planned.   Perhaps those interested could email me at polarbearatyacf@gmail.com.   Title your email camping then your YACF name, i.e.  camping a warwickshire lad. and tell me in the email numbers, and other pertinent details such as tent / caravan / campervan, etc.    :)

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
Email sent :-)
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

BUMP

Still planned.   Perhaps those interested could email me at polarbearatyacf@gmail.com.   Title your email camping then your YACF name, i.e.  camping a warwickshire lad. and tell me in the email numbers, and other pertinent details such as tent / caravan / campervan, etc.    :)

Email sent from here too. :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

jogler

• mojo operandi
PB
sent my email on 29th Jan
Have you seen it?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Email sent.

PB
sent my email on 29th Jan
Have you seen it?

I have.  :)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Sorry, can't make a commitment just yet. Due to stuff.
I'd like to come, but it may have to be very much closer to the time before I know whether it is possible.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
Given your approach to lightweight camping, I don't see what's stopping you turning up with camping kit *and* a suit / posh frock.   :P
Yebbut it's one of those events to demonstrate that an interest in trains can be maintained without a trans-normal approach to personal hygiene.  So if I've been under canvas for two days, and then cycled from Leamington to Loughborough, I'll be letting the side down.
Why not - let's do it.  Email will be sent in the next 5 mins.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
 :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
YACF Midlands presents Not Quite The Not The Diamond Jubilee Camping Weekend
« Reply #87 on: 27 February, 2012, 03:08:35 am »
Is it too late to register interest? I'll confirm in the next few days. Might bring my better half too :-)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Never too late Sam  :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Awesome :) So I have the dates free :) So can confirm. What do I need to do?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

i am still hoping to come money permitting  :)
the slower you go the more you see

We're not paying expenses y'know.   ;D

Hope you can make it.

Now, must add 'PM to AWL' to my list of things to do...

I think I have confirmed - at least for Saturday.
Need to look at what time it goes dark before committing to Friday!
Terry

Looks like I can do this by getting a train that arrives at Leamington Spa for 20:36 on Friday.   Is there room for another ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Register your interest and I'll do a numbers count in a week or two.

Speshact

• Charlie
Looking forward to this.

OP now modified with instructions on how to register your interest guys.

Thanks.

Re: 18th - 20th May: Not Quite The Not The Diamond Jubilee Camping Weekend
« Reply #97 on: 27 February, 2012, 10:25:40 pm »
Thread title updated to include dates.  :)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #98 on: 27 February, 2012, 11:28:39 pm »
What are the nearest stations and how far be they? It's been a while since I've done proper cycling like.

Support Equilibrium

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #99 on: 27 February, 2012, 11:50:21 pm »
What are the nearest stations and how far be they? It's been a while since I've done proper cycling like.
10km (6 or so miles) from Leamington Spa.  It has fast and frequent trains from London Marylebone, courtesy of Chiltern Trains.
Or about 16km (10 miles) from Rugby, with its Virgin Pendolini and London Midland class 350s.  The
road to Long Itchington looks a bit more busy from Rugby than from LeamSpa.

If travelling from anywhere on the X-country network or That Birmingham, Leamington Spa is the obvious choice.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip