Author Topic: 'SEG's 75' Reliability Ride, Wickford, Essex, 22/2/15  (Read 1164 times)

'SEG's 75' Reliability Ride, Wickford, Essex, 22/2/15
« on: 18 December, 2014, 06:52:06 pm »
The SEG's 75 Reliability Ride, which is organised by the South Essex Group (SEG) of the Cyclists' Touring Club (CTC), takes place on February 22nd 2015. This established 75-mile event, which takes in some beautiful countryside, is considered by many to be the first 'real' Essex cycle ride of the year. It's popular as a 'warm-up' with the local racing community. Starting from the Wickford Café Restaurant, 1-7 The Broadway, Wickford, Essex SS11 7AD, there are 3 start-time options - 8.30am (7-hour ride), 9am (6-hour ride) and 9.30am (5-hour ride). Wickford is easily-accessible from London via the Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria line; nearby car-parking will be available on the day.

Sound like your thing? Go to http://www.essexcycling.co.uk/events/ for more information.

We look forward to seeing some of you :D

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: 'SEG's 75' Reliability Ride, Wickford, Essex, 22/2/15
« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2014, 06:59:33 pm »
It's most unlikely that I'll do this ride on the day as it's too fast for me. I did it on a different day last year (old route, from Billericay rather than Wickford, but about 90% of the roads are the same) and it really is an excellent day out. The previous year Jane and I did it as well.

For me, last year's solo highlight was arriving at the Blue Egg a few minutes before Mark Cavendish. The rest of it was good: mild, mostly cloudy and dry.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #2 on: 13 February, 2015, 08:55:28 am »

For me, last year's solo highlight was arriving at the Blue Egg a few minutes before Mark Cavendish.

Very Impressive  Wowbagger and you say this ride is too fast for you!!!!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #3 on: 13 February, 2015, 09:01:32 am »
Unless the weather is awful I'll be riding this event, does anyone else fancy it?

Might be decent PBP training with a ride to Wickford and back.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 13 February, 2015, 07:36:23 pm »
I've already entered the Victoria CC 100km 'Brazier's Run' on the same day. The routes cross in the Easters, but maybe at different times...