Author Topic: [HAMR] womens record attempt - Kajsa Tylen Jan 1st start  (Read 149788 times)

Re: womens record attempt - Kajsa Tylen Jan 1st start
« Reply #600 on: 05 August, 2016, 12:23:46 pm »
I rode with Kajsa last Sunday and she is riding stronger than I have ever seen her ride. She also looks to be in good spirits.
Her daily diaries have diminished over the last few months. They are a tax of time and the ideas run dry. There's only so much you can say. Imagine trying to make 365 entertaining 5 minute videos on the fly, based mostly on one subject. If you can succeed at that, you can probably have a career in the industry.

From what I saw on Sunday, I'd say that Kajsa is feeling very positive, but support and encouragement can't be a bad thing.

She has her 50 mile non drop ride from Nottingham this Sunday (7th) which seems ideal for a YACF social ride (I'll be doing a training ride, so won't be there)

She also has sponsorship from the Camping and Caravan Club, so might accept an invite for a YACF barbeque or whatever on a camping weekend. She seems to visit Sherrif Hutton, near York sometimes.

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
« Reply #601 on: 05 August, 2016, 02:46:07 pm »
I guess that riding every day is a huge psychological strain.   

This is one of the biggest hurdles of the exercise.  Especially with that bullet train of Amanda approaching at record speed right behind.

Must be hard.  Allez Kasja.

« Reply #602 on: 05 August, 2016, 03:23:14 pm »
Allez Kajsa indeed.

Yes it looks like Amanda will smash records for the foreseeable but Kajsa will have achieved the record first if all goes to plan and Kajsa will have done it with a great sense of fun and pizazz along the way, ably supported by her mother, Bumble and the many minions.

There surely cannot be anybody who is not enjoying Kajsa's diaries and her infectious personality.

« Reply #603 on: 05 August, 2016, 09:27:02 pm »
Don't forget that assuming Kajsa betters Billie Flemings distance, and Guinness don't renege on there promise to her, then Kajsa will have her own Guinness World Record no matter how many miles Amanda rides.

« Reply #604 on: 06 August, 2016, 09:33:37 am »
Good to hear an update from you TG. That is far more of an incite than lots of speculation.

Whilst you (TG) have motivated lots of people to have a crack at long distance records, it is far too early to speculate on outcomes as anything can happen. I wish them all well, it is such a massive undertaking regardless.

Guinness have backed themselves into an unescapable corner.....but this enterprise is bigger than the book!

Keep on going Kajsa! :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #605 on: 18 August, 2016, 04:23:24 pm »
Facebook today: Kajsa reaches 20,000 miles!
Getting there...

« Reply #606 on: 31 August, 2016, 11:21:11 am »
I'm meeting Kajsa's mum Tina today for reasons of art; if you've any messages of encouragement for Kajsa I'll pass them on.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #607 on: 31 August, 2016, 11:43:04 am »
Some combination of Chapeau! and Allez! shoud do the trick :)

So, er, is Tina an artist?
Getting there...

« Reply #608 on: 31 August, 2016, 05:13:49 pm »

Should be meeting up with Kajsa tomorrow, so will deliver directly  :thumbsup:

So, er, is Tina an artist?

Yeah, I would say so, although one that's currently lacking access to a large kiln (aren't we all).

She's also one of my conversationalists for the Orrery project.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #609 on: 31 August, 2016, 05:21:10 pm »
Cooooool! 8)
Getting there...

« Reply #610 on: 31 August, 2016, 08:39:55 pm »

Eau-Lez!

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
« Reply #611 on: 01 September, 2016, 07:28:44 am »

Eau-Lez!

acalephae     

« Reply #612 on: 01 September, 2016, 07:43:41 am »
Just watcher her latest "daily diary" and apparently someone is suing her for causing whiplash!  ::-)  No detail on who or how, but she wasn't best pleased  :(
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #613 on: 01 September, 2016, 10:50:08 am »
Just watcher her latest "daily diary" and apparently someone is suing her for causing whiplash!  ::-)  No detail on who or how, but she wasn't best pleased  :(
I watched it without the sound due to it being late and not wanting to wake folks. It has to be car related surely, although I can understand why no details were given
Eddington Number 75

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #614 on: 01 September, 2016, 12:17:12 pm »
I assume she either had the arrogance to assume priority at a junction where she had priority or did that BloodyCyclist thing of phasing into existence right in front of someone's car, causing the driver to do an emergency stop.

Hopefully she's okay, and insurance companies can be left to argue it out amongst themselves.

red marley

« Reply #615 on: 01 September, 2016, 01:24:22 pm »
Total Women's Cycling have opened up nominations for this years TWC awards. There's a space under 'unsung hero' (Q.11) for nominating Kajsa should anyone feel inclined...

red marley

« Reply #616 on: 05 September, 2016, 09:37:03 pm »
Kajsa's own sweat pledge this September is to ride at least 100 miles per day. She's managed it so far with rides in the first five days of 100, 102, 100, 105 and 100 miles. If all goes to plan that should take her to over 24,200 miles by the end of the month.

Go Kajsa!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #617 on: 11 September, 2016, 04:29:52 pm »
What a wonderful person Kajsa is!  It was a joy to share a ride (well, a bit of one), and a cafe stop with her.

She seems to fit in perfectly with the yacf crowd.
Getting there...

« Reply #618 on: 11 September, 2016, 06:59:05 pm »
I'd like to think that, as a group, we welcomed Kajsa, Tina and Bumble by being on our bestest behaviour throughout the whole weekend.

...Top marks to Vince for getting his arse in her post ride Strava photo  ;D  :facepalm:  :thumbsup:

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #619 on: 11 September, 2016, 08:15:03 pm »
She really is absolutely lovely, and so are Bumble and her mum. 
Milk please, no sugar.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #620 on: 11 September, 2016, 08:46:54 pm »
I'd like to think that, as a group, we welcomed Kajsa, Tina and Bumble by being on our bestest behaviour throughout the whole weekend.

...Top marks to Vince for getting his arse in her post ride Strava photo  ;D  :facepalm:  :thumbsup:
Fame at last  ;D
216km from Marsh Gibbon

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #621 on: 11 September, 2016, 10:43:54 pm »
I would like to stake a prospective claim on behalf of Nikki and I that we have ridden at Guinness Wod Record pace ;)
Getting there...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #622 on: 12 September, 2016, 02:13:09 pm »
Ooh.  Kajsa is as far west as she's ever been, nearing Hereford.  Any further than that and she'll be in severe danger of WALES.   
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #623 on: 12 September, 2016, 02:20:15 pm »
Yes, she did say they were wandering over that way, and I was concerned there might be impolite uppage en route (we went up one arrow between Long Itch and Stratford).
Getting there...

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #624 on: 12 September, 2016, 03:13:11 pm »
Does anyone else think of Kajsa when they see those Nordic yoghurt adverts with the woman cycling through the snow?

(its called Sklyr, or something equally unspellable.)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles