Author Topic: Ginger moggy woofs his cookies (part 2)  (Read 3529 times)

bobajobrob

Ginger moggy woofs his cookies (part 2)
« on: 07 April, 2008, 07:14:37 pm »
I fed the cat this morning and soon after noticed him polishing off the food bowl, but all the food was on the floor next to it in a kind of 'S' shape. It took me a while to figure out how it had got from the bowl to the floor, as it looked almost identical to how it left the packet (I don't think cats chew their food very well). Also, I didn't hear any heaving noises and I was sitting in the kitchen all along.

I left the food on the floor and went to work. When I came home, I rubbed the cat's nose in his mess, but he wasn't interested. So I scooped it up with a spatula and slopped it in his dish. He yummed it all up, every last bit ;D

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is, other than cats are fickle creatures ;)

Re: Ginger moggy woofs his cookies (part 2)
« Reply #1 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:02:26 pm »
When I came home, I rubbed the cat's nose in his mess

The poor thing. Why would you do that?

bobajobrob

« Reply #2 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:14:55 pm »
I sound awfully cruel now, don't I? When I say I rubbed his nose in it, I picked him up and placed him next to the pile of food, facing it. I didn't literally rub his nose in it. He doesn't mind being picked up so he wasn't upset. He certainly wasn't bothered about facing a pile of barf (he ate it). It was whiskas "Oh so meaty" after all, so not your run-of-the-mill cat food ;)

bobajobrob

« Reply #3 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:36:40 pm »
Here he is 5 minutes ago enjoying some (fresh) scran. I should note that he's also had smoked trout for supper.

And here he is playing with the toggle on my jacket:

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #4 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:53:23 pm »
Mine woofs down her food, gets surprised when the biccies expand in her ickle kitty tummy, and barfs the whole lot up on the doormat with surprising regularity.  Bloody bulimic cat.  Some cats are just sicky and unless it's day after day or the barf looks nasty, there's not much to worry about.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Chris S

« Reply #5 on: 07 April, 2008, 09:56:51 pm »
Dogs are no better IME.

Our now departed Gordon Setter had a favourite bush in the garden that he'd barf his breakfast up under - and then eat it again. Grim.

The record for the same breakfast was 6 "sittings"  ::-).

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 07 April, 2008, 10:15:04 pm »
Pippin regularly barfs up her barely chewed just eaten biccies.
Mojo will sprint thru the house to get at this delicacy but Pippin isn't interested in having a second bite at the cherry though.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

bobajobrob

« Reply #7 on: 07 April, 2008, 10:21:15 pm »
Nacho rarely barfs up his food. His favourite trick is to crawl under the duvet to sleep and leave a hairball under there (sometimes while I'm sleeping there). I woke up a couple of weeks ago and found my hand in a rather sticky mess :sick:

« Reply #8 on: 07 April, 2008, 11:13:47 pm »
I'm not sure what's worse - stepping barefoot in freshly regurgitated iams, or waking up to a shiny new hairball on my pillow. The tabbycat here tries to provide both experiences as frequently as possible.

(She is looking over my shoulder and purring as I type.)

« Reply #9 on: 08 April, 2008, 03:17:46 pm »
he's also had smoked trout for supper.

you are forgiven  ;D

Milo and Bertie have a penchant for dining on an ornamental grass in the garden to really help bring up the bile. They also liked the Liriope so much that it never grew more than a couple of inches and I eventually took it out to try and stem the flow of vom.

« Reply #10 on: 08 April, 2008, 03:29:02 pm »
OMG. Pets and their owners are gross  :evil:

bobajobrob

« Reply #11 on: 08 April, 2008, 06:17:38 pm »

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #12 on: 08 April, 2008, 11:43:23 pm »
I woke up a couple of weeks ago and found my hand in a rather sticky mess :sick:

Aye, blame it on the cat.