Author Topic: [LEL17] Volunteers: Who is in?  (Read 33258 times)

Re: Volunteers: Who is in?
« Reply #75 on: 29 January, 2017, 01:50:05 pm »
No idea where I will be.
I got a response and an allocation very soon after filling the form in - you'll know very soon I guess.

Sent from my Xtouch using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #76 on: 30 January, 2017, 10:07:24 am »

I got a response and an allocation very soon after filling the form in - you'll know very soon I guess.

Sent from my Xtouch using Tapatalk

You've got me worried now, I sent my form weeks ago and have nothing except an automated reply. When did you send your form in, was it before entries opened?

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #77 on: 30 January, 2017, 11:37:37 am »
I would not worry .. things are pretty busy with rider queries and sorting out things like missing tandem riders , 100 hour applicants etc  Danial has also been over in USA and flew back over the weekend .. now at work and probably jet lagged too.

get on top of  rider entries and payments and then probably volunteers come next.. but in truth . volunteer with just a week to go ,.. and I am sure that a very useful , satisfying role could be found for you. and even if it involved some travelling .. we do pay reasonable expenses .

So fear not .. you will be wanted for sure
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

hulver

« Reply #78 on: 30 January, 2017, 01:57:59 pm »
I would not worry .. things are pretty busy with rider queries and sorting out things like missing tandem riders , 100 hour applicants etc  Danial has also been over in USA and flew back over the weekend .. now at work and probably jet lagged too.

get on top of  rider entries and payments and then probably volunteers come next.. but in truth . volunteer with just a week to go ,.. and I am sure that a very useful , satisfying role could be found for you. and even if it involved some travelling .. we do pay reasonable expenses .

So fear not .. you will be wanted for sure

I thought that would be the case, thanks for letting me know.

Genosse Brymbo

• Ostalgist
« Reply #79 on: 11 February, 2017, 05:09:32 pm »
I'm in.  Bumped into phil d OTP on Reading station a couple of weeks after enjoying his hospitality at Barnard Castle on LEL2013.  He said he'd probably be volunteering as a controller again in 2017; I offered to work for him there and then.  Nothing's changed since.  Looks like I'll be at St. Ives.

... to buy work for the areas that are less attractive to work in for volunteers .. releasing them to have more rider contact .. better for the riders .. people they are interacting with might  understand Audax.. and making best use of vols skills ..
Must admit that I'd prefer menial manual duties (even toilet cleaning) than dealing with riders, just as I prefer to talk to computers rather than computer users.
The present is a foreign country: they do things differently here.

paul851

« Reply #80 on: 11 February, 2017, 10:35:56 pm »
Well I've signed up for the duration , happy to go where I'm needed tbh  :)

Paul

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #81 on: 01 March, 2017, 06:04:18 am »
What's the deadline for volunteering? I will know in May if I am free, would that be early enough to commit?
Chief cat entertainer.

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #82 on: 01 March, 2017, 06:52:11 am »
May will be fine - there's no deadline set, and all help will be much appreciated.
Fancy Barnard Castle...?
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #83 on: 01 March, 2017, 07:51:16 am »
May will be fine - there's no deadline set, and all help will be much appreciated.
Fancy Barnard Castle...?

Why not...
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #84 on: 01 March, 2017, 08:40:45 am »
Fancy Barnard Castle...?

Is BC potentially understaffed then?

hulver

« Reply #85 on: 01 March, 2017, 09:30:29 am »
I've still heard nothing.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #86 on: 01 March, 2017, 09:45:38 am »
We are very busy handling the riders at the moment .. entries, payments,  access to rider area, purchase of goodies , START TIMES !!!.

All help will be very gratefully received.. at any location that fits you.. just keep as much time as you can spare from the Saturday to the following Friday clear in your diary.

Oh and by the way .. start training .. you will help for long hours under considerable pressure .. but at the end you will feel that you have contributed massively to a fantastic event

Danial/Phil will get to the volunteers as soon as they can
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #87 on: 01 March, 2017, 10:23:00 am »
Oh and by the way .. start training ..

I remember that some volunteers in 2013 said that volunteering was more physically demanding than riding. We were riders in 2013, we are volunteer this time, so at the end of this edition we will know whether this is true or not!

« Reply #88 on: 01 March, 2017, 10:52:30 am »
Oh and by the way .. start training ..

I remember that some volunteers in 2013 said that volunteering was more physically demanding than riding. We were riders in 2013, we are volunteer this time, so at the end of this edition we will know whether this is true or not!

Other way round for me. The one thing that volunteers do have in common with riders is sleep deprivation.

hulver

« Reply #89 on: 01 March, 2017, 06:01:32 pm »
We are very busy handling the riders at the moment .. entries, payments,  access to rider area, purchase of goodies , START TIMES !!!.

All help will be very gratefully received.. at any location that fits you.. just keep as much time as you can spare from the Saturday to the following Friday clear in your diary.

Oh and by the way .. start training .. you will help for long hours under considerable pressure .. but at the end you will feel that you have contributed massively to a fantastic event

Danial/Phil will get to the volunteers as soon as they can

Thanks for the update.

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #90 on: 01 March, 2017, 07:56:34 pm »

Is BC potentially understaffed then?

TBH, no.

Haven't had a recent update, but as the Barney controller I was just seizing the opportunity to reinforce our numbers. Alwyn tells me he has a good number of volunteers which he has yet to update me about, but he'll get round to it in due course
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

« Reply #91 on: 02 March, 2017, 09:13:14 am »
Got email this morning but unable to log in to the volunteer area.
Just guessing it might be because I'm riding also and the system not coping with anyone stupid enough to offer to help at Loughton on the Saturday and then ride. :facepalm:

hulver

« Reply #92 on: 02 March, 2017, 09:37:22 am »
Got my email now.  :thumbsup:

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #93 on: 02 March, 2017, 10:09:01 am »
ISTR someone on here explaining that to log in you need a password and to get a password you need to click on "reset password" - then you set your password and having set it, you use it to sign in to the volunteers area. That's what I've done anyway, and it worked for me.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

Phil W

« Reply #94 on: 02 March, 2017, 10:29:16 am »
Just guessing it might be because I'm riding also and the system not coping with anyone stupid enough to offer to help at Loughton on the Saturday and then ride. :facepalm:

Actually it can cope, I just haven't set you up for both yet.  Yesterday Danial sent me a list of just under 500 volunteers to load.  I filtered out people riding, and duplicate emails.  So only loaded pure volunteers yesterday.  Later today I'll be doing riders who have also volunteered, it requires a slightly different action on my part.

hulver

« Reply #95 on: 02 March, 2017, 10:38:42 am »
There does seem to be a problem with the Volunteer area though. I can't update my details (Phone number, T-Shirt size) as it just says "Security token expired. Please refresh the page." when I hit the update button. (Yes, I've tried refreshing the page)

Phil W

« Reply #96 on: 02 March, 2017, 11:22:05 am »
There does seem to be a problem with the Volunteer area though. I can't update my details (Phone number, T-Shirt size) as it just says "Security token expired. Please refresh the page." when I hit the update button. (Yes, I've tried refreshing the page)

Should be fine now.

Phil W

« Reply #97 on: 02 March, 2017, 11:32:12 am »
Plus riders who have also volunteered now done.

hulver

« Reply #98 on: 02 March, 2017, 12:14:57 pm »

Should be fine now.

Thank you, it now updates my address details ok, but doesn't seem to be saving T-Shirt size. When I go back to the My Details page, the T-Shirt box goes back to "None"

Phil W

« Reply #99 on: 02 March, 2017, 12:46:51 pm »

Should be fine now.

Thank you, it now updates my address details ok, but doesn't seem to be saving T-Shirt size. When I go back to the My Details page, the T-Shirt box goes back to "None"

Sorted