Author Topic: French Courier/Parcel Post  (Read 1117 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
French Courier/Parcel Post
« on: 15 February, 2017, 01:23:21 am »
I'm looking for the French equivalent of Paisley Freight. Want to send a bike to France but I'm struggling to find a courier that's reasonably priced in the UK.

We are visiting Normandy for a short break at Easter and it occurred to me I could get the thing halfway there and use a French courier. (Nothing whatsoever to do with being able to ride my bike on holiday, of course!)

I've already contacted the nearest Decathlon (in Caen) to ask if they would let me have a bike carton but does anyone know if I can just rock up to the Post Office with the thing boxed and send it on?

Any and all suggestions welcome.

luv'n'stuff

John
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Re: French Courier/Parcel Post
« Reply #1 on: 15 February, 2017, 06:39:11 am »
The local Post Office will accept anything as long as it is less than 30 kg, and the sum of the three dimensions of your box is less than 200cm. You may need a fair bit of disassembling to fit the size requirement.  You can get a quote here:

https://boutique.laposte.fr

...only in french by the way.  ::-)  For example, a 12kg parcel from France to UK will cost €64, 15kg is €68. UPS or DHL are likely to accept a wider range of sizes, but the price will be much much higher. PM me if you need help with french things!

« Reply #2 on: 15 February, 2017, 08:25:39 am »
I sent a boxed bike to Spain at the end of last year using http://www.ipostparcels.com for under twenty quid. (I fiddled with the box dimensions and got it down to £16, and self-insured, and had no problems at all.)

Just looked - UK collection, sending to France:
25kg, 100x20x80cm, £18
25kg, 110x25x80cm, £33

120x80x80 max dimensions.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3 on: 15 February, 2017, 08:53:57 am »
Well that's pretty reasonable. I'll investigate. Thanks.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.