Author Topic: Package missed but signed for  (Read 2226 times)

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
Package missed but signed for
« on: 12 March, 2017, 06:45:22 pm »
I sent some stuff via myhermes.  It's been delivered (and I have a gps coordinate) and it's signed for, but not by the buyer (unless he has a different name or mate over).  Anyway I gave a refund and have put a claim in but their retort is that it's been delivered. Oddly the gps coordinate picture don't quite match the address.

Have I got much redress?

Thanks

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Package missed but signed for
« Reply #1 on: 12 March, 2017, 06:55:18 pm »
I've no idea, sorry, but I've often had couriers and postmen sign things for me if eg I've been in the shower when they call. Well, not often but once or twice. Only when things have actually been delivered, but still, my conclusion is that "signed for" is fairly meaningless.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 12 March, 2017, 07:48:03 pm »
We are in a similar position with a package sent by Royal Mail, tracked & allegedly signed for. We have no idea where it is. As item cost <£5 before postage we can't be bothered to chase.

« Reply #3 on: 13 March, 2017, 06:58:07 am »
I'd a delivery where they just stuck a card through saying I wasn't in!  I heard the letter box tho' and caught the guy to get my package.  He'd already registered it as missed delivery (have a mobile message saying so) and anyone could have done my electronic signature.  So with the card, I could claim it never arrived.  Worth c.£200 but I am too honest.
Move Faster and Bake Things

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #4 on: 13 March, 2017, 07:58:45 am »
I too have a current situation with Hermes - tracking system said it had been signed for by the addressee (I didn't sign and AFAIK nobody else did) - asked Hermes for POD and got a "scribble" as an image - challenged that and they now tell me to get on to the sender.   

What they don't understand is that their delivery person seems to have "signed for" (scribbled) for a delivery - and it's not the first time it's happened.

Rob

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5 on: 15 March, 2017, 11:46:06 pm »

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #6 on: 18 March, 2017, 09:47:10 pm »
We are in a similar position with a package sent by Royal Mail, tracked & allegedly signed for. We have no idea where it is. As item cost <£5 before postage we can't be bothered to chase.

Do you have a tracking number? What does rm track and trace say?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #7 on: 19 March, 2017, 12:00:20 am »

Do you have a tracking number? What does rm track and trace say?

'Delivered'

I have no clue where.

Allegedly from the Cricklewood Delivery Office, which is NOT our nearest (but would have been David's before he moved in with me 13 years ago). We're in HA8.

IMO chasing this would be a waste of life.

I think I've lost the tracking number now.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #8 on: 19 March, 2017, 02:38:09 am »
Deliveries are the bane of my life. Sadly there's not much you can do unless you have clout.

We recently had a RM delivery that wasn't delivered to recipient but was tracked and signed for. The image shows the addressee's first name. Recipient was a loyal and long standing customer who spends almost £200 a month with us. Got onto RM and they said there was nothing they can do as the unit was delivered and signed for, best they could do was "look into it" and asked us to do the same by checking with neighbours. This was an expensive order so we weren't gonna let it slip. Got back in touch with RM and told them to double check their GPS and get info from driver ie what the person looked like etc, otherwise we'd move our services to DPD (We send about 70-150 packages a day, almost all of them on premium tracked and signed for services). Mysteriously the package turnt up two days later having been opened, with a note saying the envelope had torn. Strange that.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #9 on: 19 March, 2017, 09:30:00 am »
Hermes usually just dump stuff on my doorstep.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #10 on: 19 March, 2017, 08:42:48 pm »
I've had similar, can't remember whch courier though at a gues it ws also hermes.
I wasn't in
neighbou signed for it
no note was put through letter box to say which neighbour had signed for it, or indeed that it was anywhere in the neighbourhood.
I said: where's my parcel?
they said: delivered and signed for
I said: no it isn't
they said: here's the signature
I said: not my signature
they said: (nothing)
mystery was cleared up when same courier delivered something else (not mine this time) to same neighbours and came and knocked on my door when they said the previous parcel was still with them.
Luckily for me I was in that time.  Courier claimed he had put a note through the letterbox.  (ho hum, stupidity rather than malice in my case)
So it may be worth the putative recipient asking their neighbours.

We also had a case when parcel #1, not needing a signature, was let in porch, plus note through door saying parcel left with neighbour at xx.  We assumed this related to parcel in porch and courier had changed their mind in between.
It was only when <offspring> started wondering aloud about the 'other' parcel that we twigged and fetched parcel #2 from neighbour.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.