Author Topic: Bike Fit article  (Read 2049 times)

Bike Fit article
« on: 24 March, 2017, 11:14:49 pm »
from 531Colin, now retired from Spa Cycles - Colin was responsible for the Audax and Tourer I believe - and the Roughstuff.

http://wheel-easy.org.uk/uploads/documents/Bike%20Set%20Up%202017a.pdf

Worth a read and nice and straightforward

Re: Bike Fit article
« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2017, 11:45:27 pm »
All good stuff :thumbsup:  Thanks for sharing!
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2017, 01:53:38 pm »
Many wise word in there.  Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 04 April, 2017, 08:54:52 pm »
Hooray!
Some uncommon sense for the average cycling man....

paul851

« Reply #4 on: 05 April, 2017, 06:31:40 pm »
Many thanks for this  :thumbsup:

Paul

mr ben

• Some routes may be arduous.
    • ramblings and randonees
« Reply #5 on: 07 April, 2017, 08:42:05 pm »
An excellent read.  How sad that the mention of genitals needs a warning!  The more I learn the more I see a bicycle as a frame which holds two wheels apart, rather than a frame with all the other bits added on in a compromising way.  Despite the fashion for big wheels I'm wondering if those of us who are short would be better off building all our velocipedes around 26" wheels.  Buy them now while they are undesirable!
Think it possible that you may be mistaken.

« Reply #6 on: 20 April, 2017, 08:11:05 am »
An excellent read.  How sad that the mention of genitals needs a warning!  The more I learn the more I see a bicycle as a frame which holds two wheels apart, rather than a frame with all the other bits added on in a compromising way.  Despite the fashion for big wheels I'm wondering if those of us who are short would be better off building all our velocipedes around 26" wheels.  Buy them now while they are undesirable!

I think building smaller bikes with smaller wheels is a very good idea, although for road use I'd be inclined to 650b rather than 26 (559) as I think there are nicer tyres available. Some the current crop of disc frames make this eminently possible and the MTB world adopts new 'standards' almost weekly

« Reply #7 on: 20 April, 2017, 04:15:31 pm »
I think that is exactly why Surly offered their touring bikes in 26" and 700C models. Not just because of availability of spares abroad.

Islabikes offer 24, 26 and 700c models. I'm surprised they haven't tried 650

Big wheels roll better, but trying to fit them into a small frame creates problems.
<i>Marmite slave</i>