Author Topic: Resume YouTube Video after shut-down  (Read 940 times)

Resume YouTube Video after shut-down
« on: 29 March, 2017, 05:34:18 pm »
Being a man of short attention span (my wife might argue I didn't need the last four words) I often have multiple YouTube videos open at one time and watch a bit of each during a session.  When I boot the PC and reload the Chrome browser the next day with all the yesterday-tabs still open, some of the YouTube videos remember where I had got to, but some start from the beginning again grrrr.

Any idea why that might be, and is there anything I can do to make the videos always remember how far I had got?

Off topic:  I found a very useful Chrome app which lets me speed up or slow down the playback rate of YouTube.  Speed up is very useful for descriptive or instructional videos, and slowing down very useful for working out exactly what the musician played.

Bryn

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: Resume YouTube Video after shut-down
« Reply #1 on: 29 March, 2017, 06:36:36 pm »
Workaround:  Hibernate the PC instead of shutting down (with the browser left open).
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
Re: Resume YouTube Video after shut-down
« Reply #2 on: 29 March, 2017, 07:31:51 pm »
Obviously needs a little forward planning but you can link to (and so, bookmark/etc) a specified time in a youtube video, e.g.

https://youtu.be/IoHhim3CF0A?t=5m59s

skips ahead to one my favourite scenes from Red Dwarf. It's in the share options: