Author Topic: [LEL17] Calories between controls  (Read 2458 times)

[LEL17] Calories between controls
« on: 28 July, 2017, 10:09:32 pm »
I bagged up my rations today into individual portions containing 100g of nuts and 2 small dried fruit energy bars equalling 1000 calories for each 100km.  I wondered how this compares to what other riders will be consuming?
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
Re: Calories between controls
« Reply #1 on: 28 July, 2017, 10:15:05 pm »
I bagged up my rations today into individual portions containing 100g of nuts and 2 small dried fruit energy bars equalling 1000 calories for each 100km.  I wondered how this compares to what other riders will be consuming?
I'll be consuming control food til I'm not hungry any more then sticking something from the control in my pocket for a mid stage snack. Only carrying a few dried figs and one emergency food item.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: 28 July, 2017, 10:24:41 pm »
Carrying minimal food, not too far between controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: 29 July, 2017, 12:03:04 am »
Lots. Piggy me:

I've a 'gel bag' which is full of ... erm ... gels. Plus a pile of flapjacks and malt loaf.

I struggle to eat large amounts, needing lots of small bits to eat. As a result I'll eat a bit at controls but keep eating as I go, hence the gels, etc.

« Reply #4 on: 29 July, 2017, 08:55:14 pm »
Plastic tub of pesto and spork. Babybel x 8

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #5 on: 29 July, 2017, 09:40:25 pm »
Fig rolls and jelly babies  :thumbsup:

Towards the later stages, I shall be diving into 24-hr garages in search of banana milk too, but I'm not going to lug bottles of that around.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6 on: 29 July, 2017, 10:20:13 pm »
So many people (myself included) favour sweet milk drinks late into their rides...
Cheap (tax-free1) garage shop fare.

1) VAT is payable on bottled water and most other drinks but not on milk or milk drinks.

« Reply #7 on: 05 August, 2017, 11:30:48 pm »
So, having finished in time yesterday, I now realise that I had seriously over estimated my bonk rations consuming only 100g from the 1.4kg of peanuts packed on the bike and in drop bags.  The food at the controls was very good with some exceeding all expectations... best "back bacon" and pancakes at Barnard Castle was a delight at 2 in the morning!
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

dod

« Reply #8 on: 06 August, 2017, 12:23:41 am »
I have spent today reading Facebook/yacf posts while snacking on the fig rolls that were in my rack pack and drop bags :)