Author Topic: [LEL17] returned brevet cards and t shirt order  (Read 2006 times)

[LEL17] returned brevet cards and t shirt order
« on: 25 September, 2017, 11:01:17 pm »
any ideas as to when brevet cards might expect to arrive home ?
also i ordered a t shirt online after the event , cash taken but no shirt as yet , anyone else in a similar position .
thanks for any advice
cheers
pinky

Re: returned brevet cards and t shirt order
« Reply #1 on: 25 September, 2017, 11:02:07 pm »
I think kit orders are still being sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: 26 September, 2017, 12:39:29 am »
The online shop remains open for kit (I think, though I'm not sure, that I saw end of this month as a closing date) - I wouldn't start expecting anything until at least six weeks after it closes, as it'll be a bulk order.

Brevet cards - January might be optimistic. They'll get to you.

« Reply #3 on: 26 September, 2017, 08:29:22 am »
Thank you.
ultimately just chuffed to have completed it , but those little vanity man trophies are nice.
cheers all
pinky

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #4 on: 26 September, 2017, 11:13:21 am »
I think JS has summarised it .. but to repeat and explain.. August was a bit of a breather for the team .. (some of us actually had some holiday !! ).. so clothing orders close at end Sept, before going to Force GB  .. pre Xmas was the last date indication I heard ( but who will do the packing / dispatch I do not know) .. brevet card validation .. has both a UK side and then the French BRM/LRM element. There are  many brevet cards in our possession that will not be validated .. as out of time either 117+ or over 100 when a 100 start.... but these are critical for the riders .. proof that they rode LEL even if finishing out of time, and these need very careful examination and I believe that apart from very close to time .. there are also a significant number where the AUK Board is going to be involved in making a final decision .. hopefully leading eventually to fewer disputes , ill will  etc.  Lengthy exercise I am afraid .. much harder and more time consuming  to do than a "normal" AUK calendar event.

Hope that explains a little .
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #5 on: 26 September, 2017, 07:46:10 pm »
much harder and more time consuming  to do than a "normal" AUK calendar event.
Yes, we'd noticed that.

;D
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.