Author Topic: cordless phone batteries  (Read 969 times)

cordless phone batteries
« on: 14 October, 2017, 06:28:39 pm »
Are cordless phone batteries special in any way?

The BatteryLogic web shop directs me to a particular 700mAh AAA NiMH battery for the BT Graphite 1500 which seems to be nearly twice as expensive as a higher capacity Eneloop. But it does have "Cordless Phone" written on it! 

Bryn

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: cordless phone batteries
« Reply #1 on: 14 October, 2017, 06:34:43 pm »
I don't think so.  Just make sure you get the chemistry right (NiMH or NiCad), and expect the phone to kill them in a disappointingly short time by charging in series.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #2 on: 14 October, 2017, 09:41:53 pm »
Wot Kim sez (but then its about electronickery, so you'd assume Kim has it right).  My experience is indeed that the charging arrangements on the phones are shite, thus leading the batteries to an earlier death than is necessary.  Mine is Panasonic, not a manufacturer I admire, and has a lovely colour display which would be state of the art for 1975, and shit battery life (one 40 minute long call and you'd better put it back on charge, pronto).  I wonder if Siemens ones are better?  The handset in my office has a set of eneloops in it, as I used to do hour long conference calls, so used it with a headset. 
Wombat

« Reply #3 on: 16 October, 2017, 06:35:22 pm »
Thanks folks, I'll just put a couple of Enerloops in then.

Bryn