Author Topic: Think I'll pack it in and buy a (motorhome)  (Read 7873 times)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Re: Think I'll pack it in and buy a (motorhome)
« Reply #50 on: 02 April, 2018, 01:31:53 pm »
If you're thinking of packing it in, shouldn't you be buying a pick-up and driving it down to LA?  ;)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #51 on: 03 April, 2018, 05:43:49 pm »
I think, like many things, personally they are a great choice. In herds, they change the environments they open up.

But they are very temporary, unlike static caravan parks.  Ours isn't much larger than Range Rovers and Porsche Cayennes that park in the same car parks or laybys.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #52 on: 03 April, 2018, 05:58:55 pm »
I think, like many things, personally they are a great choice. In herds, they change the environments they open up.

But they are very temporary, unlike static caravan parks.  Ours isn't much larger than Range Rovers and Porsche Cayennes that park in the same car parks or laybys.

When you've seen Campervan Wars on the Drumbeg road, you might take a different view.
It is simpler than it looks.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #53 on: 03 April, 2018, 06:15:37 pm »

When you've seen Campervan Wars on the Drumbeg road, you might take a different view.

I don't understand why you anyone would want to drive a large motorhome along that stretch of road  ???

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #54 on: 03 April, 2018, 06:22:25 pm »
I don't want to - but the campervans do...

Any single track road can have the same issue
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #55 on: 03 April, 2018, 09:39:41 pm »
Bear in mind that camper vans are more readily available to the general populace than is common sense. Also, it is frighteningly easy to be led astray by whatever gps system you use. We mixed and matched with gps/iPad/maps, and we got it wrong a few times.