Author Topic: Dehumidifier  (Read 2305 times)

Dehumidifier
« on: 08 April, 2018, 11:56:09 am »
I know a few people here have dehumidifiers.

My Ecoair 12 litre just died after a few years' service, can anyone recommend a decent replacement?
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Re: Dehumidifier
« Reply #1 on: 08 April, 2018, 12:00:39 pm »
We've been running an Ebac 2650e for quite a few years now.  It has proven to be effective and reliable thus far.

« Reply #2 on: 08 April, 2018, 12:23:13 pm »
We've been running an Ebac 2650e for quite a few years now.  It has proven to be effective and reliable thus far.
I have the same one too. It works well (but can be a bit noisy).

ian

« Reply #3 on: 08 April, 2018, 05:23:21 pm »
Same model. No problems, very effective, but as said, it's not quiet. No really an issue if it's in the spare room drying the washing.

« Reply #4 on: 08 April, 2018, 06:55:42 pm »
that sounds fairly unanimous, thanks all!

« Reply #5 on: 08 April, 2018, 07:02:31 pm »
I asked the question a few years back and Charlotte (amongst others) recommended the eBac.  We're about to send ours out on loan to a friend locally.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #6 on: 09 April, 2018, 09:45:13 am »
Got a Trotec TTK 50E at work. It is in a rather humid room, so probably running most of the time. It has been working fine for a year or two.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #7 on: 15 May, 2018, 12:08:00 am »
I had an Ebac 2650e which mysterious died, I then went a got a few Meaco DD8Ls. One went back for repair within a week but the other two are used on a near daily basis in spaces that are far too big for them without an issue.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #8 on: 15 May, 2018, 09:44:37 am »
I had an Ebac 2650e which mysterious died..
I suppose it was out of warranty as being the reason you didn't persevere with it?

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #9 on: 15 May, 2018, 09:46:25 am »
Yep, I tried to contact them but had no luck.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #10 on: 15 May, 2018, 09:53:22 am »
They are still trading. I recently contacted them about the fact that as the unit is quite heavy,
if I had to return it under warranty for repair, postal costs would be prohibative. They said that
they'd arrange for it to be couriered to them via thier courier company of choice.

« Reply #11 on: 13 September, 2021, 07:55:35 pm »
My last model also was a Ecoair one, and it died as well after just a few years, but having one is almost a necessity. Mold and mildew can cause musty scents, which can be reduced by using a dehumidifier. Mold growth on furniture, drapes, bed linens, and clothing can be minimized. Dust is reduced by using a dehumidifier. Allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew can trigger allergies, and this gadget will assist to reduce them. This time I checked this top of the best dehumidifiers from this spam website <spam spam spam eggs> and got a good one, which will last for a long period of time.

« Reply #12 on: 13 September, 2021, 08:03:12 pm »
As this thread has resurfaced...

I asked the question a few years back and Charlotte (amongst others) recommended the eBac.  We're about to send ours out on loan to a friend locally.

Our ebac has stayed on loan with a friend so we bought a second one which we are equally happy with.  It will seenuse come the colder, wetter, darker days of late autumn and winter as our preference to a tumble dryer.

« Reply #13 on: 14 September, 2021, 06:49:39 am »
As this thread has resurfaced...
... I'll give a comparison review

The ecoair is a desiccant style of dehumidifier and the ebac is compressor style. The latter are supposed to be better.

The ebac is ok at reducing the humidity a bit. Compressors work better in warm surroundings. I generally don't heat the house very much so in my case it's pretty useless most of the year compared to the ecoair, certainly does not dry the washing anywhere near as quickly. It's still working though.