Author Topic: All Aboard the SS Fail!  (Read 3870 times)

Jasper the surreal cyclist

• Modern life is complicated stuff....
Re: All Aboard the SS Fail!
« Reply #25 on: 04 August, 2008, 12:33:08 pm »
Especially as I met my younger brother for the first time in twelve years yesterday and then got home and ordered him a bike. It is what is missing from his life you understand....
Who only by moving can balance, only by balancing move....

« Reply #26 on: 04 August, 2008, 12:36:13 pm »
Howies? That is the path to the darkside young padwan (I am so trying not to buy those japanese selvidge denim jeans.....really I am)....

The path is started upon, I already own a merino t-shirt from the last sale. But only one. Not like some people. Ahem.

What a lovely big brother you are. My baby (23 year-old) sister would not appreciate a bike, sadly.

« Reply #27 on: 04 August, 2008, 12:38:28 pm »
Are you sure you are related? Some swapping at birth malarky may be coming to the surface here....

« Reply #28 on: 04 August, 2008, 12:40:22 pm »
I may be going up to London this week, perhaps I should call into the shop, just to check sizing and colours.....

« Reply #29 on: 04 August, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »
I'm a changeling.

I was expecting some telling-off when I turned up at my nan's with a new bike (the Eclipse). My mum, dad, nan and sister were there. Not one of them twigged that it was actually a different bike from the Globe when I stuck it in the hallway (even though they had to squeeze past it), so I didn't mention it.

My mum eventually twigged when she visted the flat and saw them side by side.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #30 on: 04 August, 2008, 01:53:08 pm »
The organic supermarket in Balham sometimes has some.

Er...

You can normally get it from The Bear in Todmorden, or the wholefood shop in Hebden Bridge, but I guess that's not much help. ;D

Well, the Hebden Bridge one is more use than Balham for me as I am off there next month.. Must remember..

I find butter/sugar works very well, followed by kneading bread dough.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #31 on: 04 August, 2008, 09:01:22 pm »
Top marks to Brixton Cycles, who sorted me out, trying to get the parts together to repair my mech.  I had to stop the assistant from opening a set of jockey wheels, and decided to buy a Deore mech (partly inspired by the way in which the chain had been skipping across to the larger sprocket and binding - not so much fun on the A3 :( ).

So I have a shiny new derailleur, a glistening KMC chain, and a new bolt for my cleat (did I mention that had worked itself loose this morning, too).  And because the delightful Butterfly came by with a tandem rear wheel, we have a shiny new freewheel.
Getting there...

« Reply #32 on: 04 August, 2008, 09:11:26 pm »
 :thumbsup: to Brixton Cycles  :D

« Reply #33 on: 04 August, 2008, 09:32:51 pm »
:thumbsup: to Brixton Cycles  :D
And  :thumbsup: to Apex, who spent 15 minutes on the phone to me working out what we needed for the tandem, then looking for it, then suggesting I tried Brixton when they didn't have it :D. I'll put some money their way as soon as I have some... :-[
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #34 on: 05 August, 2008, 09:30:23 am »
Oh yes.  Apex Cycles - unsung heroes of the workshop :)
Getting there...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #35 on: 06 August, 2008, 12:05:48 pm »
I work between a Waitrose proper and a John Lewis, will try both of those.

Not this lunchtime though cos I's going to check out the Howies sale in the Actual Shop. Just looking, you understand.
My local Homebase has loads of it. I bought 2 tubes yesterday, on the advice of this forum. If you can't get any, I could get it and send it to you. It's £1.99 per tube.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #36 on: 06 August, 2008, 01:01:36 pm »
I work between a Waitrose proper and a John Lewis, will try both of those.

Not this lunchtime though cos I's going to check out the Howies sale in the Actual Shop. Just looking, you understand.
My local Homebase has loads of it. I bought 2 tubes yesterday, on the advice of this forum. If you can't get any, I could get it and send it to you. It's £1.99 per tube.

Tchah!  Typical Scot!  If you look at the receipt, it only costs 99p a tube in Homebase...  ;)

;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #37 on: 06 August, 2008, 01:04:48 pm »
 :o
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #38 on: 06 August, 2008, 01:10:42 pm »
Hehe…thanks Kirst. I will give Waitrose a go and there is also a Homebase within a cycle ride from me, so I will try those before I have you sending stuff all the way to London town. Thank you.  :D