Author Topic: OZ ride  (Read 1378 times)

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
OZ ride
« on: 09 March, 2009, 11:18:29 am »
If you ever get the chance to do a ride organised by Grant and Pam Palmer -- DO IT.

I am just back from a 600 over on the borders of Victoria and SA  - their welcome for a foreigner and the rides offered 100/200/300/400 and 600 are superb. Bit odd in UK terms as we came back to the start quite often - but they and their helpers provide food and fluids in both quality and quantity at every control.

Different approach - all 600 riders stop after 400, back at base,  eat well and sleep - and all restart at 8.00 am on Sunday with the 100 and 200 riders. So fast riders sleep longer - sadly FB and 3 others are the 600 back markers - and we get about 3 hours sleep.

Sunday night I am put up by Grant and Pam ( after about 20 of us have had pizza and alcohol and talk at their house)- 3 other couples have rooms - and I am in a very large store room  with lots of pricey bikes - but warm and comfortable on a lilo on the floor.

Monday morning, I have been looked after for breakfast etc ( watching the parakeets ) on the terrace of the Palmers house - with the  3 other couples - 2 of the wives have ridden the 100 -- and I can only sing the praises of the welcome I had.

Great organisers - great weekend -- RECOMMENDED

I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!