Author Topic: Brompton hard travel case  (Read 3109 times)

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
Brompton hard travel case
« on: 16 November, 2017, 09:49:20 am »
The B&W hard travel case fudge cycles sell looks good but it leaves no room for anything else, it can't be your only case for a trip. Any recommendations for something bigger? Anyone tried a B&W foldon box M?
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Re: Brompton hard travel case
« Reply #1 on: 16 November, 2017, 10:38:16 am »
Why not just purchase a standard case that the Brompton will fit in?  You can always pack foam or additional stuff around the bike to stop it moving around.  Always possible to put bike in bag to keep other stuff clean.  Much cheaper option than a specific case.

SoreTween

« Reply #2 on: 16 November, 2017, 12:54:37 pm »
It's possible maybe. Magic hat, spd shoes, 11 days clothes and two laptops makes me think no. But there's a carrefour at my destination so I could eject the hat. Can I live without my own laptop? Uncomfortable not having a backup for the work supplied turd but if it makes the difference...

You've succeeded in switching my brain into 'how light can I travel?' mode rather than 'how do I shift this lot?' :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 16 November, 2017, 01:42:18 pm »
I have the folding box (https://brilliantbikes.co.uk/brompton-transportation/1812-b-and-w-foldon-folding-bike-box.html), and could fit my helmet, SPD shoes and a bunch of clothes packed around the bike. Probably wouldn't have been comfortable putting a laptop in it, but I keep that about me anyway.

SoreTween

« Reply #4 on: 17 November, 2017, 10:15:06 am »
Thanks dme, foldon case ordered. 

« Reply #5 on: 04 December, 2017, 07:35:15 pm »
My ideal Brompton case would be one that converted to a trailer so having unpacked the bike, use the case to carry your stuff. Does anyone make such a thing?
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 04 December, 2017, 07:52:27 pm »
My ideal Brompton case would be one that converted to a trailer so having unpacked the bike, use the case to carry your stuff. Does anyone make such a thing?

I've no idea, but it would surely be a licence to print money for whoever did, once you factor in the obligatory FuckinHellHowMuch markup on a) Brompton accessories  and  b) high-end luggage.

« Reply #7 on: 04 December, 2017, 08:23:41 pm »

There is the Chubby: https://www.radicaldesign.com/cyclone-iv-chubby.html

« Reply #8 on: 04 December, 2017, 10:23:55 pm »

Bike Friday?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #9 on: 04 December, 2017, 10:27:03 pm »
A Brompton's saddle needs to be removed to fit the folded bike into a Bike Friday Samsonite suitcase.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #10 on: 04 December, 2017, 11:08:44 pm »
For DIY/MYOG you attach some sort of box to a Circe trailer kit:
http://www.circecycles.com/products/accessories/luggage/#trailer-kit