Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2457673 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #1850 on: 16 February, 2009, 05:10:03 pm »
wondering why I'm still here

Jezza

« Reply #1851 on: 16 February, 2009, 05:14:37 pm »
Suffering from some bizarre tropical disease, I reckon. Large itchy boil on leg, tremor in left arm, tension headache and general lassitude.

Since this kind of crap happens to me on a regular basis I shall do nothing at all about it. Bet I'll be fine tomorrow.

annie

« Reply #1852 on: 16 February, 2009, 10:28:35 pm »
Suffering from some bizarre tropical disease, I reckon. Large itchy boil on leg, tremor in left arm, tension headache and general lassitude.

Since this kind of crap happens to me on a regular basis I shall do nothing at all about it. Bet I'll be fine tomorrow.

Ohhh, sounds nasty.

I am winding down.  8 hours driving today :-\

A delightful hour in the company of Fuzzy and family and a super sized bag of my favourite chocolates..... Maltesers, thank you :-*

Jasper the surreal cyclist

• Modern life is complicated stuff....
« Reply #1853 on: 17 February, 2009, 10:18:50 am »
Filling in data audit returns. As interesting as it sounds.....
Who only by moving can balance, only by balancing move....

« Reply #1854 on: 17 February, 2009, 10:40:55 am »
Waiting a) for some filler to dry on the bog walls and b) for Screwfix to show up, so I can dodge out for a ride.

Someone from Freecycle actually showed up as well!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Jezza

« Reply #1855 on: 17 February, 2009, 11:07:58 am »

Ohhh, sounds nasty.

A delightful hour in the company of Fuzzy and family and a super sized bag of my favourite chocolates..... Maltesers, thank you :-*

I'm fine again  ;D 
Hope all is OK with you.

annie

« Reply #1856 on: 17 February, 2009, 12:13:34 pm »

Ohhh, sounds nasty.

I'm fine again  ;D 
Hope all is OK with you.

Eating a banana and having a quick break.  Took JC to buy some jeans and other bits and bobs.  Car cleaned and light repaired.  Am wading through the mess that is JC's bedroom, glad I had my tetanus shot.  Then off to tackle the accounts and write a very snotty email.

fuzzy

« Reply #1857 on: 17 February, 2009, 12:33:34 pm »

Yes! I had an ickle tea drinking Malteser pixie snuggled up against my lounge radiator last evening. Twas heaven ;D

annie

« Reply #1858 on: 17 February, 2009, 01:03:45 pm »

Yes! I had an ickle tea drinking Malteser pixie snuggled up against my lounge radiator last evening. Twas heaven ;D

:-*  I will be back for more you know.  I thoroughly recommend Fuzzy's place, he makes a fantastic cup of tea and has the most adorable pussy cat people, not to mention a wonderful family.

:-* :-*

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1859 on: 18 February, 2009, 10:14:33 pm »
Watching this and laughing. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8nN7Ecrj7E&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/N8nN7Ecrj7E&rel=1</a>

I just watched tonight's Brit awards and the Pet Shop Boys got a long service award or some such, and I was so delighted to see that 20 years on Chris Lowe still looks ridiculous on stage. I remember the 1988 performance and the big discussion topic the next day being "what the hell was Chris Lowe wearing?"
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

annie

« Reply #1860 on: 18 February, 2009, 10:17:17 pm »
Trying to hold my dinner in my stomach for a bit longer.

Needing to go to bed and trying not to laugh at Wow's escapade on the train home to Southend.  Who ever heard of a guard's door falling off?   ;)

« Reply #1861 on: 19 February, 2009, 07:57:50 am »
I've got up a little early today, since I intend to cycle the Kaffenback (n+1) on my commute, mainly so I know it works on the WARTY!  Inevitably things may well come loose, need adjustment, or rattle, so I need to make sure I've got a few more tools than normal.

The front brake did judder a bit last night when I briefly tried it, but I'm hoping that just needs a bit of bedding in.  The front light will probably need it's pointing adjusted too, but that'll have to wait until this evening.  I think the gears are adjusted alright, but I've never used combined brake and gear levers before, so I expect to change gears every time I need to stop. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1862 on: 19 February, 2009, 12:23:54 pm »
If anybody asks, I didn't just try looking through the yellow cellophane from a slightly melted toffee Quality Street to turn the world yellow and get toffee stuck in my hair.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1863 on: 19 February, 2009, 12:26:09 pm »
If anybody asks, I didn't just try looking through the yellow cellophane from a slightly melted toffee Quality Street to turn the world yellow and get toffee stuck in my hair.

So your hair is sticky for another reason?

There's Something About Kirst... ;)
Getting there...

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #1864 on: 19 February, 2009, 01:34:58 pm »
Wondering how much ibruprofen I can safely take.  :(

Meh.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1865 on: 19 February, 2009, 01:54:36 pm »
I'm on hold... :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #1866 on: 19 February, 2009, 01:56:09 pm »
Typing this.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #1867 on: 19 February, 2009, 01:56:29 pm »
And now I'm typing this.

« Reply #1868 on: 19 February, 2009, 01:56:55 pm »
The present is so fleeting is it not ?

« Reply #1869 on: 19 February, 2009, 01:58:50 pm »
I have just made a loaf and 24 mince pies and now having a up of tea with a mince pie  :P

« Reply #1870 on: 19 February, 2009, 02:16:00 pm »
I'm re-reading a mailshot from my GP Practice inviting me to help research in to Erectile Dysfunction.

I've now got two things to worry about - blockages when peeing in public and a lack of stiffies.

I didn't realise either was a problem until yesterday. I'm OK on the first one although standing at the checkout queue in Morrisons may not have been the ideal place to  test it out.  The second will have to wait until I get home this evening to be tested - SWMBO has been put on standby.

Chris S

« Reply #1871 on: 19 February, 2009, 02:20:11 pm »
<wallace>
Prevaricating about the bush
</wallace>

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1872 on: 19 February, 2009, 04:55:58 pm »
Recovering after a long & difficult meeting
Getting there...

« Reply #1873 on: 19 February, 2009, 05:06:24 pm »
Feeling reassured by a few positive meetings today... People are listening to me!  :)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1874 on: 19 February, 2009, 05:07:17 pm »
Thinking about food.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.