Author Topic: Brazilian meet  (Read 973 times)

Tiger

Brazilian meet
« on: 02 June, 2009, 05:29:09 pm »
Driving through Park Royal - a blighted part of our fair London - passed an obvious Brazilian community enclave. There was a shop with a sign saying BRAZILIAN MEAT. I recall historic Rio carnivoring from my youth so stopped and went in. It was like being in Brazil - a bit - no English etc.  Great line of brazilians buying bits of cow to BBQ. Great hunks of beef being carved up to order. Bought some - half the price of the 25 day air dried beef I usually buy - but the steak was a foot long at least and an inch thick.   Sausages and stuff too.
Superb conditioned meat. Lovely. I will be back. I expect it is an eco disaster story though.  A real find for London meatfreaks I would say.
Also that amazing Guarana fizz they drink which is one of the top soft drinks in the world. mmmmm.

Re: Brazilian meet
« Reply #1 on: 02 June, 2009, 06:28:05 pm »
Think your eco disaster can be read about at Greenpeace UK

I don't eat meat but i do like to wear leather shoes. :(

n
Mal-odorous,liver-spotted, coffin-dodger.

Re: Brazilian meet
« Reply #2 on: 03 June, 2009, 11:08:26 am »

Also that amazing Guarana fizz they drink which is one of the top soft drinks in the world. mmmmm.

It is. you can find it easily in London, which has such a large Brazilian community; in fact we can even buy some in the Province of Nottinghamshire now. But it MUST be by Antartica; the Coca Cola copycat versio is poor!

Being married to a Brazilian I know of their liking for good food... and meat. However the South is the place where meat and big BBQs are famous; and in fact the next meat one can buy/get/eat in prbably from Argentina. Even my partner will agree to that!
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse