Author Topic: The best of ai LLM  (Read 486 times)

The best of ai LLM
« on: 09 May, 2024, 02:56:46 pm »
I'm starting to warm to ai.

When it comes to surviving a zombie apocalypse, choosing the right mode of transportation can be crucial. Let’s weigh the pros and cons of different options:

Car:
Pros: Cars are big, provide protection, and can get you where you need to go quickly. Plus, you won’t have to pay for gas.
Cons: You’ll need to siphon gas yourself, and road blockages can be a problem. Also, cars are loud, making stealth difficult1.
Motorcycle:
Pros: Fast and maneuverable. Can slip through tight spaces.
Cons: Extremely loud, offers no protection. Zombies will hear you coming1.
Plane:
Pros: If you find a working plane and know how to fly it, you’re golden.
Cons: Finding a functional plane with fuel and a runway is unlikely1.
Boat:
Pros: Sailboats are silent, and speedboats are quick. Houseboats or yachts are ideal.
Cons: Eventually, you’ll need to dock it. Not feasible for landlocked areas. Also, sharks (or zombie sharks?)1.
Train:
Pros: None. Seriously, trains won’t exist during the zombie apocalypse.
Cons: They’re just not practical1.
Bicycle:
Pros: Virtually silent, covers more ground than walking, no reliance on gas. Easy to carry and conceal.
Cons: You have to pedal yourself, less protection, and snowy/rainy weather can be challenging. But hey, it’s better than nothing 2.
Considering all these factors, a bicycle might be your best bet. It’s quiet, versatile, and doesn’t rely on fuel. Just remember to keep those legs pumping when the undead are chasing you!
<i>Marmite slave</i>

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
Re: The best of ai LLM
« Reply #1 on: 09 May, 2024, 09:54:17 pm »
Now I'm worried that it considers the zombocalypse will occur while there is a preponderance of cars running on dinojuice (ie during most of our lifespans)
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2 on: 10 May, 2024, 05:54:22 am »
Now I'm worried that it considers the zombocalypse will occur while there is a preponderance of cars running on dinojuice (ie during most of our lifespans)

Because you'll find plenty of queueueue-free EV charge points in the zombapocalypse?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #3 on: 10 May, 2024, 07:59:29 am »

Because you'll find plenty of queueueue-free EV charge points in the zombapocalypse?

That is why you need a brompton in the boot of your EV, so you can leave car charging, while leading zombies away on your trusty deadly pedally.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
« Reply #4 on: 10 May, 2024, 11:14:51 am »
Recently read that every AI query is the equivalent in resource use of tipping a 500ml bottle of water on the ground. The companies making money off these things are working really hard to stop us understanding how damaging they are.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

« Reply #5 on: 10 May, 2024, 01:51:59 pm »
I'd not really thought of a bicycle as "easy to carry and conceal" before ...

ElyDave

« Reply #6 on: 10 May, 2024, 03:23:19 pm »
the vision of squadrons of bicycle-mounted zombie slayers peddling majestically across Hyde Park comes to mind

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #7 on: 10 May, 2024, 11:26:56 pm »
Recently read that every AI query is the equivalent in resource use of tipping a 500ml bottle of water on the ground. The companies making money off these things are working really hard to stop us understanding how damaging they are.

Sam

Given the reported size of global data centres even before this "AI' kick got going, I find that a)very believable and as a corollary b) not as surprising as it miggt have been.(Both on the cost, and the working hard to not report the cost bits)

Although perhaps I have combined the data center thing with e-currencies.

When the zombocalypse comes, there will be no power to grid for pretty much the same reason as there will be no trains.

So you won't be able to open your car boot to get the Brompton out, because the battery will be dead.

I reckon velomobiles FTW
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

ElyDave

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 05:38:28 am »
I do some work with the data centre community, and quite a lot of them, though not all, use renewable power these days.

I should still be good for the EV, as long as I don't go too far from home, PV on the roof

ravenbait

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 10:49:36 am »
They can switch to renewable power, but they hoover up water to use for cooling. Resource use isn't just about energy.

Sam
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 12:20:41 pm »
They can switch to renewable power, but they hoover up water to use for cooling. Resource use isn't just about energy.

Sam

It isn't black and white though.

Quite a lot recycle the water.

Some redistribute it to municiple heating.
Some redistribute it to greenhouses.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ravenbait

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 01:26:44 pm »
That's as may be, but until there is absolute transparency around resource use and how much it actually costs us to use, querying ChatGPT is, as far as I am concerned, the equivalent of driving a diesel SUV 200 yards to the shop.

Sam