Linked Events

• YACF camping weekend: Twitey's Tipis, Wellesbourne: 06 September, 2019 - 08 September, 2019

Author Topic: YACF camping weekend: Twitey's Tipis, Wellesbourne, 6-8th September 2019  (Read 13229 times)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: YACF camping weekend: Twitey's Tipis, Wellesbourne, 6-8th September 2019
« Reply #100 on: 09 September, 2019, 10:21:29 am »
Some kids told me he has two names - Kevin and Trevor. Teenage angst meets Ian Dury?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #101 on: 09 September, 2019, 11:36:12 am »
A  very enjoyable camping weekend. It was lovely to see you all again. I had a nice Potter home getting back at 10.20pm 🙂
the slower you go the more you see

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #102 on: 09 September, 2019, 06:04:48 pm »
Thanks to cycleman for instigating and to Kim for organising.

Part of the yacf encampment

Some Snoopy v Red Baron action from Saturday

Kevin/Trevor again

Not Kevin. Or Trevor.

I took it as read that the road might be flooded, given that it's a ford.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #103 on: 11 September, 2019, 10:24:09 am »
As Andrew has said, after the fond goodbyes on Sunday morning we spent the day in some profitable lounging, sun soaking, snoozing, reading and bollock talking. We also put in some high quality eating time with low quality "lightly salted" crisps (product of the Dead Sea) and pretty decent humus.

Sunday night was much warmer than Saturday, even with the benefit of FIRE, and Monday morning dawned fair and dry. In fact, there was nothing more than a light shower the whole day (at least for me, possibly Andrew caught some proper rain in the Malverns). I evicted two devil's coach horses (thanks Wowbagger for the identification) from my tent while packing up (the broken pole is still holding up, by the way) but then found I'd transported one all the way to Cirencester.

The only other news is that on Tuesday morning I found my cunningly crafted Armoured Egg Box had lost its armour plating due to the glue softening in the dew. As by then I'd eaten all my eggs, it didn't matter.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #104 on: 12 September, 2019, 06:32:56 pm »
More about Kevin/Trevor. Twitey the Tipi himself told me that Kevin/Trevor was left behind, along with half a dozen hens, when someone who used to be resident on the site (and used to sell eggs) moved on. The hens all fell victim to the fox because only Kevin/Trevor was smart enough to roost in the trees (I thought this was instinctive chicken behaviour, but seems not). Also, K/T is "friends" with the cat (bullies the cat) and the cat scares off the fox.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #105 on: 12 September, 2019, 06:41:22 pm »
There were lots of cats & kittens when I went to the wash up place one night.  Loads of little gleaming eyes reflecting my torch.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark