Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 517533 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2550 on: 22 June, 2017, 10:51:30 pm »
So Saturday shows a morning coffee session, in true form, the instigator is planning to be elsewhere... So is there still any interest? I don't mind riding to a coffee shop somewhere instead....?
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2551 on: 23 June, 2017, 06:15:02 am »
So Saturday shows a morning coffee session, in true form, the instigator is planning to be elsewhere... So is there still any interest? I don't mind riding to a coffee shop somewhere instead....?

Yes, sorry about that  ::-)   ;D

« Reply #2552 on: 23 June, 2017, 10:04:10 am »
I'm out now as well. I am going to be sitting on the sofa watching the All Blacks (with a beer) and then I'll be house clearing....just days left to finish that job and as usual after the big bits the small bits take the most time  :'(

« Reply #2553 on: 23 June, 2017, 10:12:40 am »
I'm out now as well. I am going to be sitting on the sofa watching the All Blacks (with a beer) and then I'll be house clearing....just days left to finish that job and as usual after the big bits the small bits take the most time  :'(

By the time the Lions get going you will be hiding behind the sofa  ;D
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #2554 on: 23 June, 2017, 11:53:58 am »

By the time the Lions get going you will be hiding behind the sofa  ;D
What, in 4 years time?

« Reply #2555 on: 23 June, 2017, 12:00:45 pm »
No, as soon as the ref starts penalising the All Blacks for their quaint southern hemisphere scrummaging  8)

« Reply #2556 on: 23 June, 2017, 12:08:13 pm »

I'll be in my new 'home away from home', Wessex. Last in the series for me, the Dorset Coast perm option. Apart from the hills, the challenge will be to finish in time to get an early-ish evening train back. That and getting to Waterloo by 6:30am.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #2557 on: 23 June, 2017, 12:22:21 pm »
No, as soon as the ref starts penalising the All Blacks for their quaint southern hemisphere scrummaging  8)
;D
The sooner you Northern Hemisphere goons realise that it's no longer about keeping it in the pack and you can substitute size for technique (and brains) the more chance you will have of catching up with the Southern Hemisphere New Zealand.

Good luck though...I suspect if you are going to win any tests you better start with the first one I suspect

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2558 on: 23 June, 2017, 12:30:10 pm »
Does egg chasing legitimately come under the ACME Miscellany banner???

« Reply #2559 on: 23 June, 2017, 12:39:11 pm »
Does egg chasing legitimately come under the ACME Miscellany banner???
Ted started it but it's closed now anyway.

« Reply #2560 on: 24 June, 2017, 05:43:37 pm »
Slightly off topic but any Witham based acme folk want a couple of 29inch presta inner tubes. I no longer have a suitable bike so if you want them they're yours. Might be out Wednesday depending on target location

« Reply #2561 on: 26 June, 2017, 08:22:04 am »
I have this morning broken 1000 km for the year to date. It's slightly down on previous years.  ;)

« Reply #2562 on: 26 June, 2017, 10:41:37 am »
Are you missing a Zero on there Del?  ;D

Hope you are well!

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2563 on: 28 June, 2017, 04:37:01 pm »
Anyone else here planning to enter the velogames fantasy Tour de France?  Thread here:- https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=103743.0
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #2564 on: 29 June, 2017, 08:59:13 am »
Once upon a time in a far away frozen kingdom there lived a young princeling with a dream.  He dreamt of living in a place of sunshine, full of new creatures and men who kept their tops on when the temperature got above freezing, a land where eating a parmo with a fork was not considered snobbish - either that or he wanted to be a wizard.

Forty summers have passed since he dreamt those dreams and the princeling is now a proper grown up with a beard and everything.  Hogwarts never did send that owl but he clung onto his dreams.

Now, as he travels  through the lanes of Essex on one of his increasingly expensive stable of bikes with the perpetual sunshine warming his back, his mind is never far away from his one true love.  When he met Annette he was smitten, he couldn't imagine living a second more without her.  The fact that Annette was an Alpaca just made it all the more thrilling.

Jiber's new love was not the only exciting news at the Monkey last night however.

I arrived on time just behind George V to find that everyone else was already in situ and suspiciously far into their pints for people who were supposed to be arriving at 9.  It seems that more miles less beer may have been misread by OD.  As well as OD we had Tippers, Hotblack, Huggy, the Lord Jiber, the Anarchist, Slipgate, psyclist and Oros.  The other exciting news was that it was Slipgate's 40th birthday.  OD did try to buy him a pickled egg with a candle in it but the Monkey has gone posh so the best they could probably have done was a truffle with some foie gras shaped into a 40.

Before the talk descended into what Jiber and Annette get up to, we covered Alpine adventures, the Fridays' ride and luggage combinations. We then had a heated debate about forward planning

As we stuck to one beer again all night, the Quaffers' Choice was another walkover, this one in favour of Mighty Oak's Maldon Gold. Slipgate went off piste with a Birra Moretti and Hotblack and the Kaiser went rogue at the end with cocktails (probably, they were huddled at the bar and we couldn't see what they were up to).

It was noticeably colder arriving and leaving.  That long mile home almost made us feel bad for pscylist as he trudged back across the county.

Another big night for the fixed wheel chapter.  If Jiber hadn't been so keen to show of his very smart new steed, it would have been only two riders with gears.

Chelmsford beer festival next week.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2565 on: 29 June, 2017, 09:14:02 am »

:thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2566 on: 29 June, 2017, 09:25:45 am »
I never did get to fondle Annette - something to look forward to.

Another good turn out and the icing on the cake being the splendid ride report from The Bard  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2567 on: 30 June, 2017, 09:02:24 am »

I wondered what was going on here ^^^ and it would appear Photobucket want $399 to upgrade my account so I can do third party hosting.  I don't mind paying some money but not that much.  Who do you use for posting photos on yacf and how much does it cost?

« Reply #2568 on: 30 June, 2017, 09:59:50 am »
imgur.com

It's free

There's a similar conversation going on here
https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=103837.0
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2569 on: 30 June, 2017, 10:08:28 am »
imgur.com

It's free

There's a similar conversation going on here
https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=103837.0

Thanking you.

I don't necessarily think web things should be free, and I know web companies who provide free services generate revenue from advertising.  I wouldn't mind paying £20 to £30 a year for a Photobucket stylee service but $400 is just daft.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2570 on: 30 June, 2017, 10:59:23 am »
I just use the webspace associated with my domain hosting, which costs the princely sum of £15 a year.

It is slighty more complex to upload stuff than a dedicated photo hosting site (I never did get round to working out how to do it from my phone fro example).

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2571 on: 01 July, 2017, 11:02:22 am »
Anyone else here planning to enter the velogames fantasy Tour de France?  Thread here:- https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=103743.0
Team Helmet Hair Heroics is registered
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2572 on: 01 July, 2017, 05:33:52 pm »
I have a Red Letter Day voucher to use so I had a flick through what I could spend it on, this came up - https://www.wibblers.co.uk/tours-a-experiences
The 'Be a Brewer for the Day' experience with a mini-pin a week later  :thumbsup:
I know we have talked about visiting Wibblers before, this may be the opportunity! Anyone else fancy being a brewer for the day?!
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map

Oscar's dad