Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208927 times)

ian

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1325 on: 08 August, 2019, 12:40:03 pm »
Released from incarceration (unlikely for good behaviour) Bad Cat is under the quilt in the spare room getting hotter and hotter as she hides from the Angry Beaver and his chainsaw.

« Reply #1326 on: 08 August, 2019, 12:47:32 pm »
Our Lucy The Cat (age 3 1/4) has invented a new game. She miaows to be let out of the kitchen window.
Fair enough, yes?
Then she runs round to the front of the house and sits on the lounge window sill and miaows to be let back in.  :facepalm:
Taking the piss, no? 

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #1327 on: 08 August, 2019, 12:49:36 pm »
Our Lucy The Cat (age 3 1/4) has invented a new game. She miaows to be let out of the kitchen window.
Fair enough, yes?
Then she runs round to the front of the house and sits on the lounge window sill and miaows to be let back in.  :facepalm:
Taking the piss, no?

She is keeping you entertained. 

Or showing you who's boss.

essexian

« Reply #1328 on: 08 August, 2019, 01:33:17 pm »
Purrdee the kitten is looking at me in only the way cats can as I have taken the body of a recently murdered bird off of her for disposal. No doubt she will bite my leg later when I go to feed her which is her way.

And Jamise the Old moggy is currently in disgrace after both weeing and pooing himself both on the way to, and the way back from the vets this morning. I felt sorry for the poor vet whose room will smell of cat poo for ages now.  :sick:

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #1329 on: 08 August, 2019, 02:43:53 pm »
Now laying on the sofa asleep with her arse pointed towards me, intermittently letting out little foofing noises from the end closest. I think she has been digging up and eating bulbs again from the smell...

« Reply #1330 on: 09 August, 2019, 08:04:17 am »
Sitting in the utility room. 
On a wet newspaper.
With my soaking wet anorak driping on her.
You might as well go out, cat.

ian

« Reply #1331 on: 12 August, 2019, 01:00:18 pm »
Last night, early this morning (about 4.30am) Bad Cat decided to use the litter tray (she's still punishing us for the recent incarceration) to lay an extreme stink bomb. We know this because the litter tray is in the hallway, under the stairs, and the miasma climbed slowly and inexorably up the stairwell and oozed into the bedroom to commence an olfactory assault of unprecedented malevolence that resulted in my wife having to get out of bed to 'deal with it.'

Now I'm in trouble (as my wife has to get up early and I sleep in on Mondays), as I avoided the smell by hiding under the covers and pretending to be asleep, because of that stupid cat.

ian

« Reply #1332 on: 08 September, 2019, 11:44:11 am »
Puking up an entire, intact leaf. Dr Beckman's Patent Carpet Cleaner to Aisle 9 the hallway. I think I can assume Bad Cat on account that it was a big leaf. Adam is going to be giving Eve a fright today.

My own fault for having a lie-in and thus delaying their breakfast.

It didn't end there. Having served them breakfast, cleaned up the rug in the hallway, and prepared my coffee, I walked out of the kitchen.

Squelch. A nice puddle of regurgitated gastric juice in the kitchen doorway (presumably from the first attempt to dislodge said leaf). Right up between my freshly showered toes.

Bloody cat.

« Reply #1333 on: 08 September, 2019, 02:56:07 pm »
If I believed in reincarnation, I'd be tempted to suggest that you must have been a very bad cat in a past life. ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #1334 on: 11 September, 2019, 11:48:51 am »
There was a mouse's head and tail on our hallway carpet this morning when we got up. Both cats were running around and very excited at around four o clock this morning. Not sure where the rest of the poor creature is but I suspect I know why Freya wasn't interested in breakfast this morning.
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1335 on: 12 September, 2019, 05:30:13 pm »
Neither cat has been in to eat today, though Blackie had a quick drink.

Suspect they might have found something tastier than Whiskas...

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1336 on: 13 September, 2019, 10:04:01 pm »
Causing alarm and despondency to herself and her sister;
IMG_3955_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

Got a deep cut in her leg some how. She's totally freaked out by the cone. Her sister is totally freaked out by her. Everybody's very stressed.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1337 on: 13 September, 2019, 11:30:25 pm »
Poor cat, hopefully the cone of shame isn't needed for too long.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1338 on: 14 September, 2019, 10:48:38 am »
One of our dogs loves hazelnuts, and heads for the bushes every time he gets out.  He cracks the shells and eats the kernels.

They then pass through his gut and emerge with the skins removed, looking for all the world like something the Jolly Green Giant would like to can.

I never did like sweet corn in salads.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1339 on: 14 September, 2019, 04:48:15 pm »
Today I've mostly been a bed in the recuperation suite.
2019-09-14_04-23-12 by The Pingus, on Flickr

Pumpkin has been doing a lot of hissing and hiding behind the sofa because she doesn't recognise Ninkasi with the cone on (and probably the smell). Hopefully it'll all settle down soon.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1340 on: 14 September, 2019, 07:28:49 pm »
Blackie and Big Tom decided to repurpose our hallway as their bedroom last night.

Unlike Ninkasi, they both slept on their left side, Big Tom on David's bag and Blackie on the carpet. They appeared to have  identical sleeping postures.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1341 on: 14 September, 2019, 07:46:07 pm »
They'd probably sleep on their right side in the southern hemisphere...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1342 on: 14 September, 2019, 07:53:57 pm »
Has furrybutton been transported?

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1343 on: 15 September, 2019, 10:13:27 pm »
Ninkasi has been looking pretty cheesed off today. I hope she's allowed to get the cone off tomorrow.

ian

« Reply #1344 on: 16 September, 2019, 10:41:07 am »
We never got either of ours to wear a mortification wimple. Bad Cat fell down the stairs backwards trying to pull it off, and then attempted to remove her own head dangling between the sofa back and window sill. There seemed to be a significant risk of actual mortification. We did get a quick-release version, which predictably stayed on for entire minutes.

LMC ran off in hers and get stuck under a car.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1345 on: 16 September, 2019, 04:58:37 pm »
How did you get them not to pick at things?

Ninkasi is hiding under the bed again. She came out for just long enough to eat the tuna with the pain meds on it and then turned her nose up at her biccies and went back under the bed again. Not like her at all. Vet tonight, I really hope she doesn't have to wear it for another full week.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #1346 on: 16 September, 2019, 07:08:54 pm »
I succeeded by stitching up a baby grow.

Have two left if you want one.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1347 on: 16 September, 2019, 08:28:24 pm »
Thanks but not sure how that would work on a front leg.

Anyway, vet says it all looks nice but because there's a nylon suture in there she's to keep the cone on until that's removed.
In a week  :facepalm:
Poor kitteh.

essexian

« Reply #1348 on: 17 September, 2019, 08:21:50 am »
Eating like its going out of fashion.....

Walking the massive distance to my office this morning: around 20m takes me by our garage; a building I locked up at 9pm last night. "What's that" I thought to myself, a cat meowing from inside....

Upon opening said garage out springs senior moggy Jamies (<------) who must have sneaked in for a kip during the evening and not been obvious when I had checked before locking the doors.

So now that two bowls of food and one of cat milk down. I'm off to hunt the poo as there isn't a tray in there... :facepalm:

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #1349 on: 17 September, 2019, 12:12:18 pm »
Luna the daft whippet had to wear a bodysuit when she had her bits removed. Apparently cones don't work as their heads are pretty much the same width as their necks!