Author Topic: Brisbane  (Read 835 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Brisbane
« on: 27 October, 2019, 09:53:06 am »
I'll be arriving into Brisbane at 0640 next Sunday morning.  Clearly first thing to do is to find out who won the match, then what to do for a day before starting work on Monday?

I'd like to go out and see the botanic gardens, which seems doable by bus and walking. Is the cafe any good for breakfast there?

Anything else any one would recommend? I'll also have a few evenings depending on the work.

Cheers
Dave
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
Re: Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: 27 October, 2019, 02:16:12 pm »
We were there in October 2017.  Quite liked the riverside area.  The Botanic Gardens cafe's OK - not sure what time it opens though.  The tourist boat trip along the river is very good - lots of explanations of the local history.  The river walks are good too.

We ate at the Milk Factory on Montague Road a couple of times:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@-27.4710531,153.0151379,3a,90y,108.03h,96.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8kFymDFECAliOqePGCIkJw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

It's near the modern dairy on the riverside.  They have live music later in the evenings, craft beers and the food's quite good.  Setting is a traditional, old Queensland Hotel.  You could have a good night out there if you are on your own.  I used to travel a lot for work, usually on my own, and this would the the place I'd look for for a convivial evening.

The South Bank Cultural area (on the riverside) has a lot going on.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: 27 October, 2019, 03:42:11 pm »
Cheers Andy, I shall have a few nights with a colleague, adn we'll then split giving me at least one evening on my own.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens