Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146309 times)

Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #25 on: 01 March, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »
I had a very weird dream last week (more of a nightmare actually) while I was staying overnight in a hotel before an Audax. I dreamt that my iphone alarm epically failed and I woke up at 8.30am (the Audax started at 7.30am a few miles away). Realising that I had driven to Kent and stayed in a hotel for nothing I tried to work out whether I could possibly still finish if I started nearly 2 hours late. I then tried phoning the organiser (no clue how I knew the number) to see if he was still there at the start. I went to the start anyway and made a start sans brevet card, asking random people along the way to sign a scrap of paper to say they had seen me there at that time. I didn't see another living sole for the entire ride and finished 2 hours out of time, by which time everyone had gone home!

The dream was so real that I was really surprised when my alarm actually went off and it was 6.30am!

Chris S

« Reply #26 on: 01 March, 2011, 10:32:17 pm »
I have had several dreams revolving around running Very Late on an audax. That feeling of panic when you are half way, at 4pm when others are close to finishing, is an unpleasant #Fail kind of feeling.

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #27 on: 01 March, 2011, 10:37:08 pm »
I was dreaming of beautiful bicycles last night. Goes to show what a geek I is when it comes to bicycles. Although previous to bedtime I spent some time on the web looking at nice bikes. I think that may have something to do with it.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #28 on: 01 March, 2011, 10:37:55 pm »
I was out on the river.  Except it wasn't a river, it was a dried-up bed of sand.  Our rowing training consisted of running up and down.  Then, for some reason, all the other rowers climbed out of the river bed; I couldn't pull myself up the bank.  I looked upstream, and saw a waves of water approaching, to refill the river.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

sigod

• Commuter Proof
    • Tinyfish
« Reply #29 on: 01 March, 2011, 11:08:40 pm »
I hardly ever remember my dreams but I'm sure it won't cause any major issues mentally....

...you'll have to excuse me now, I have to go and kill the Pope with a herring.
Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
 - Mark Twain

« Reply #30 on: 15 March, 2011, 11:05:28 am »
I had an incredibly weird dream last night.

I was on the run from the cops because I was driving around with a dead body in the boot. Lots of odd things happened, but perhaps the weirdest bit was that I was PREGNANT!!!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #31 on: 15 March, 2011, 12:44:37 pm »
Whose was it?  ;D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #32 on: 15 March, 2011, 12:47:34 pm »
The baby or the dead body?  ;)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #33 on: 15 March, 2011, 12:49:11 pm »
Yes.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #34 on: 15 March, 2011, 08:21:31 pm »
I had a really weird dream last night where I was riding a 200k audax with my parents ( ???) and I had got to the end with my dad in 10 hours and we got a phonecall from my mother to say she was at the half way point  ;D

The funny thing was that by that stage we had both drunk lots in the pub at the final control so no one could go and pick her up. To deal with her angry rantings we all turned our phones off and carried on drinking  ;D

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #35 on: 15 March, 2011, 08:24:44 pm »
My first PBP nightmare of the season: my bike got nicked at Mortagne, and no matter how much I ran round like a headless chicken looking for it, it was not to be found.

Since then I've had a second, which involved an insurmountable mechanical.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #36 on: 15 March, 2011, 10:14:30 pm »

The funny thing was that by that stage we had both drunk lots in the pub at the final control so no one could go and pick her up. To deal with her angry rantings we all turned our phones off and carried on drinking  ;D

When is your next audax?  I want to come too :-)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #37 on: 15 March, 2011, 10:17:35 pm »
My first PBP nightmare of the season: my bike got nicked at Mortagne, and no matter how much I ran round like a headless chicken looking for it, it was not to be found.

Could you not have asked M. le Maire if you could borrow his?

I had a very strange dream the other night. It involved a lot of weird stuff but probably the strangest of the lot was the pair of very grumpy-looking robins that had made a nest in the stationery cupboard behind my dad's chair in my parents' old house.

That house was demolished 10 years ago.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #38 on: 16 March, 2011, 09:53:34 am »

Could you not have asked M. le Maire if you could borrow his?

The honourable gentleman did not, and has never played any role in any dream of mine. Nor has any of his contraptions.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #39 on: 16 March, 2011, 10:32:47 am »
I'm glad to hear it.  Anyone who incorporates me into a dream without permission will be hearing from my legal team.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #40 on: 16 March, 2011, 10:51:47 am »
I probably remember one dream a year, if that.

However, last night I dreamt that I'd invented a very cunning snowball throwing device.  Basically a box with a touch sensitive screen on it, with a camera on top and a large scoop on the side, full of about 10 snowballs. 

The screen displayed the image from the camera, you pressed the screen to indicate where the target is, the electronics in the box then worked out the distance to the target, took account of the weight of snow in the scoop, and then fired the scoop.  A more expensive model was available which took account of wind direction and speed.

All quite simple.  I ought to patent it.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

LindaG

« Reply #41 on: 16 March, 2011, 11:20:50 am »
I have a recurring nightmare about a house.  It's always the same house, which is my house, but with extra rooms on it, and the rooms are always the same.  I hate that dream.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #42 on: 16 March, 2011, 04:52:14 pm »
I had a dream about iPads last night.  It wasn't as interesting as it sounds.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #43 on: 16 March, 2011, 05:39:13 pm »
This thread reminds me that I once dreamed about riding the BCM600 on fixed, accompanied by Mal Volio. This was odd since I have never ridden the BCM, I've never ridden a fixer and I've never met MV ???.

BTW (not surprisingly), in my dream Wales looked like the Suffolk countryside.
Pen Pusher

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #44 on: 23 March, 2011, 01:49:51 pm »
Last night's included angstily attempting to package my bike up to ship it to Australia, and then riding the Kennet&Avon towpath on a single-speed mountain bike, eventually ending at an Arc Attack gig where Hummers was playing.

I'm not sure, but I think that means I've been on YACF too much...

« Reply #45 on: 23 March, 2011, 01:52:53 pm »
Last nights was getting back to the car and finding it stuffed full with scrumpled up 10 pound notes.  We assumed it'd been put there by a Bad Man and had to go on the run to hide from him - all very exciting but I woke up before I found out what happened.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #46 on: 23 March, 2011, 02:28:00 pm »
I could not possibly expose the vile filth of my dreams in a public forum. I am amazed at the vanilla flavoured drearyness of yacf dreamers and suspect these are censored dreams.
The only dream I can see here worth the name is the one about sawing the heads of goats with a woodsaw but then one needs to carry that on into the inevitable goatsex and simultaneous eating of flesh in the company of that nice Marge from accounts scenario, culminating in the moment of wonder as one turns into a gushing tap and wakes up in a wet patch.   
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #47 on: 28 March, 2011, 01:57:31 pm »
I had a weird dream this morning before waking up. I was in a taxi with Julian and Charlotte, and we were talking about what would happen if I shot Julian's finger with a pistol while we were in the cab. We all agreed that at that range it would blow Julian's whole hand off - it was her right hand and she was obligingly holding it up for me to shoot at, palm out - and then I would be dismembered by Charlotte, painfully and slowly. The taxi was a big blue van of the sort that's common here in Bristol, though it looked as if we were driving through the countryside, and the seating arrangement - I was in the front next to the driver, Julian was in the back and Charlotte was behind her on the tip-down seats in the boot - and the fact that none of us was wearing seat belts, suggest it could possibly have been one of my old Indian works cabs.

Just in case anyone was wondering, I've never even met Julian or Charlotte, never so much as held a pistol, and it's months since I was even in a taxi. Oh, and Charlotte had blond hair for some reason, but it was definitely her.

Very strange.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Chris S

« Reply #48 on: 28 March, 2011, 04:58:12 pm »
Cudzo... You need some help...  ;)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #49 on: 28 March, 2011, 07:04:54 pm »
Oh, and Charlotte had blond hair for some reason, but it was definitely her.

Now where did I last see that photo...

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: