Author Topic: My First New Bike  (Read 7646 times)

Re: My First New Bike
« Reply #25 on: 09 October, 2008, 08:26:40 pm »
Well I had a dig around see if you can guess which I got first ?

Beer ...

or my very red trike cycle ,,,,

EDIT for some reason it will not show up so here is the link in raw format click

To give you an hint it all happened before my second birthday :)

You missed a space between "and" and "my":

Ahh, isn't he cute, who would have thought he'd grow into...  ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #26 on: 09 October, 2008, 08:37:29 pm »
My first new bike must have been around 14, after I killed the hand me down from my brother, after falling on my side going down a steep hill from school (Quarry Lane in Exeter for anyone who knows it), and slid into a kerb.  The result was a broken frame, which I limped away from.  It did get replaced by a new blue 3-speed BSO from Halfords.  I had that bike for at least eight years all the way through College and University, before I sold it to a flatmate, since I'd bought myself a Harry Quinn Tourer.

It's amusing that I remember the exact location of the accident which totalled the previous hand me down bike, but I can't really remember much about the bike which replaced it, other than it was an upright 3-speed.  I think it was blue, but can't be certain of that.  When I sold it, it was gold hammerite coloured, which I remember much more than it's original colour!
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #27 on: 09 October, 2008, 09:50:02 pm »
What was your first brand new bike.

Damon.
Oh !  That's easy. Bought about six weeks ago. But I fear if I post pics (again) I may get lynched.

Never had a new bike as a kiddie, we always got second hand.
Rust never sleeps