Author Topic: Angry or what?  (Read 590 times)

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
Angry or what?
« on: 15 December, 2022, 11:21:11 pm »
Was chatting to "my" joiner who managed the renovation of Rose Cottage while looking through the vinyl collection and showing him my most valued items.

His brother has recently got re-married and moved into their mum's old house. He was asked t come round and sort through some stuff that was cleared out of the attic and take away what was his. He went over and his vinyl collectionwas there - well some of it.

The bog standard 12" were there, and the 7" singles. But a couple of boxes were missing. He asked his brother where they were. "Oh, we thought they belonged to xxx, yyy has put them on FB sales". Joiner asks him to stop the sale. "OK I'll get in touch with yyy.

A while later joiner has a phone call "sorry, already sold, someone took the lot for £20"

My joiner is livid - original pressings, picture discs, coloured vinyl, collectors editions etc............

Pink Floyd, Beatles, Rush, Whitesnake, Cream, Zeppelin.................

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Angry or what?
« Reply #1 on: 16 December, 2022, 06:27:21 am »
Something similar happened to my mum, went off to nursing school, came back and found all here records sold or given away, including many first editions of the beatles amongst others
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #2 on: 16 December, 2022, 07:08:44 am »
Sad, but not unusual. A friend of us, whose late husband was a music teacher, had a huge collection of classical vinyls, with sometime 10 different versions of the same concerto. Some of those vinyls have never been re-published on CDs, so must have some value. An antiquarian offered £100 for the whole collection. Guess what? She said yes  :sick:

What's even more surprising is that she has three children, all of them are professional musicians. None of them said anything about the vinyl collection.

A

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3 on: 16 December, 2022, 10:03:02 am »
MrsT had an original Sgt. Pepper LP. After reading this and looking up the current value I asked her if she still had it. "Oh, I gave it to J. (daughter) a couple of years ago".  I hope it wasn't during J's DJ phase of scrubbing the needle back & forth for "effect".
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #4 on: 16 December, 2022, 12:38:02 pm »
I've got my parents' copy of Sgt. Pepper. Alas the cut out moustaches are long gone but it's got slight rarity in that the label for side 1 is on side 2 and vice versa.

I asked the record dealer at the local street market if that meant I could retire but sadly not.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)