Author Topic: [LEL17] LEL Shop  (Read 5282 times)

Phil W

[LEL17] LEL Shop
« on: 16 February, 2017, 11:51:55 am »
Some of you have already been invited into the LEL riders area. Soon we will be inviting many more of you. I thought it might be useful to share some tips for you and important information.

We do update the Terms and Conditions and Privacy from time to time. We recently updated them to cover the LEL Shop. Please do read them before you purchase anything, don't just tick I accept on the checkout before you proceed to payment. We have tried to make them simple and straightforward to understand. No hidden conditions or small text in use. The terms and conditions and privacy pages can be visited at any time from the links at the bottom of every page. It is not just during checkout that you can see them.

We are only accepting payment through PayPal for LEL merchandise. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use them for payment. You can use their guest checkout and pay with a credit card. Click on create an account or guest checkout to do this. Both will default to guest checkout within PayPal. We do not store any of your card details on our website.

If you close the browser window (or let it time out) when in PayPal then the order will get stuck in a status of Payment Pending. You'll be able to see this in My Orders on the Purchase Merchandise page in the riders area. If you believe you completed payment in PayPal then you should get in touch (via our email), quoting the order number and any evidence you have that you paid (copy of PayPal email for instance) and we will take steps to resolve with you.

If you cancel within PayPal then your order will show as cancelled within My Orders. If you close the browser or cancel an order the items will remain in your shop basket. An order that has successfully completed the payment stage will show with a status of Processing. That means we have automated payment notification from PayPal. That's a good place to be and the status you want for you order.

The invoice number on your PayPal email will be LEL2017-<order_number> and is a good cross reference for us.

CrinklyUncle

• #TCRNo6cap23
Re: LEL Shop
« Reply #1 on: 16 February, 2017, 01:42:27 pm »
Who are supplying the jersey's?

Phil W

« Reply #2 on: 16 February, 2017, 01:43:18 pm »

Force GB in either event fit (looser) or race fit depending on what you order.  Had mine since last May and survived several thousand km and washes and still going strong.

CrinklyUncle

• #TCRNo6cap23
« Reply #3 on: 16 February, 2017, 01:47:08 pm »
I have a 2013 jersey, is that the event fit or the race fit?

Phil W

« Reply #4 on: 16 February, 2017, 01:50:53 pm »
I have a 2013 jersey, is that the event fit or the race fit?

Race fit I believe.  The 2017 jersey race fit is a bit of tighter fit than my 2013 LEL jersey. The 2017 event jersey a slightly looser fit than my LEL 2013 jersey but near enough the same.  The gilets are about the same fit and don't have a race or event sizing.

I've been wearing the event fit one through the winter and the ability to wear a winter weight merino top underneath it, without it being too tight, has been quite useful

CrinklyUncle

• #TCRNo6cap23
« Reply #5 on: 16 February, 2017, 01:53:21 pm »
Thanks for the quick replies. It helps a lot as last time I ordered a size too small but I managed to swap it with someone on here after the event.

« Reply #6 on: 02 March, 2017, 01:51:35 pm »
Maybe someone can help me.
I do not know what size of jersey I shall order.

Has someone experience with the jersey supplier?
Is the size of the jersey more greater or more smaller?

Normally I am wearing size M.
But with a chest size of 85-88cm the size table says I need the size  S.
I am afraid that the size S of the race cut is too tight for me.

« Reply #7 on: 03 March, 2017, 12:47:10 pm »
Maybe someone can help me.
I do not know what size of jersey I shall order.
If it's any help - I got XL in 2013.
It's not "too" small but shall we say it shows all my manly contours  :facepalm:
This time I will buy XXL (race fit)

I don't know if that translates well to the choice between S & M

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #8 on: 03 March, 2017, 03:54:18 pm »
I have no experience of these particular jerseys BUT IME putting a small-chested man into 'small' tops can cause problems when manly shoulders and arms need freedom of movement.
I'd go for 'medium' just to have space round the shoulders and armpits.

CrinklyUncle

• #TCRNo6cap23
« Reply #9 on: 03 March, 2017, 04:23:02 pm »
Normally I am wearing size M.

What brands do you wear? Someone may have the same and be able to compare them for you.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #10 on: 03 March, 2017, 07:56:50 pm »
Last time I bought the gilet: the sizing was according to the website, and it's the bit of kit I wear the most: light, packs small, and well designed. Recommended.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #11 on: 03 March, 2017, 08:20:55 pm »
Issues of shoulder/armpit space are less problematic with a gilet.

If  the OP is wearing any layers under  the jersey, he may be happier with a larger size.

« Reply #12 on: 03 March, 2017, 09:23:02 pm »
What brands do you wear? Someone may have the same and be able to compare them for you.
I have a Castelli jersey in M. It is ok.
The Jerseys from the "Drei Länder Giro" in Austria, the size M was the last two times rather to loose. I have ordered for this year the size S. The years before M was perfect. (it seems that the size is growing.).
The jersey from "Ötztaler Radmarathon" in Austria last year (a cuore jersey) I have ordered in S. It is perfect.
The jersey from the "Charity Bike Cup" in Heimerdingen (a renerosa jersey) was S. But it is to small!
Northwave M is ok.
Jersey from "Schwarzwald Ultra Marathon" (a Maisch jersey) M is ok.

Thanks for your support!

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #13 on: 04 March, 2017, 05:10:14 pm »

Force GB in either event fit (looser) or race fit depending on what you order.  Had mine since last May and survived several thousand km and washes and still going strong.

that would be why you say in your T&Cs

ALSO IMPORTANT: Sizes used by other manufacturers are not a reliable indication of the size you need to order. Please take a moment to measure yourself before ordering. We will not offer refunds!

Might be an idea to offer a "swapathon" as part of registration?  I assume that it is Force GB that are forcing this condition on you.  It's part of the way that they do business.  I don't know why AUK favours them as a supplier but they do

« Reply #14 on: 03 June, 2017, 06:19:43 pm »
Was wondering, when will the jerseys be shipped out? Placed an order in April, still says processing!

« Reply #15 on: 03 June, 2017, 08:19:33 pm »
They are not shipping them out...you have to pick it up at the Saturday registration.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #16 on: 06 June, 2017, 05:40:34 pm »
They are not shipping them out...you have to pick it up at the Saturday registration.

Does that also apply to volunteers who may not be at the registration?  I was thinking of ordering a jersey myself
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Phil W

« Reply #17 on: 06 June, 2017, 05:46:41 pm »
Volunteer jersey's will be delivered to the control you work at. But since jersey sales have closed you're too late to get one in time for the event now.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #18 on: 06 June, 2017, 05:48:11 pm »
bugger. Been very busy with work the last 6 weeks, time has flown

I'll have the volunteer t-shirts though, which is fine.  When do jersey sales re-open? 
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #19 on: 09 June, 2017, 06:22:19 am »

Cheers! somehow I managed to miss this part  ::-)

Chris F.cc

• Rapha tart
« Reply #20 on: 09 June, 2017, 10:47:03 am »
Phil, Do we have an official wooden pallet supplier yet?
If not may I recommend my local company who have just rebranded, causing me a dangerous swerve of a double take....