Author Topic: [LEL17] Oh Dear!  (Read 2712 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
[LEL17] Oh Dear!
« on: 28 July, 2017, 12:13:48 am »
I see from Facebook that one LEL rider's bike box was not loaded onto the plane in which he flew.
He has been informed it should fly to Gatwick tomorrow, where they hope to be reunited.

alfapete

• Oh dear
Re: Oh Dear!
« Reply #1 on: 28 July, 2017, 06:13:12 am »
Can you imagine the look on his/her face when he/she found out?
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 28 July, 2017, 08:06:53 am »
I believe she/he got the bike last night - thank heavens.

I'm reading the 'someone has lost / forgotten' list to be:
Saddle and seat post.
Shoes.
Skewers for wheels.

(Just going to check my packing again...)

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #3 on: 28 July, 2017, 09:14:21 am »

Saddle and seat post.
Shoes.
Skewers for wheels.

Ah, the benefit of being able to ride to the station from home to get the train to the start is that there's no way I would be missing any of those bits!  ;)

The one that's most, MOST important, which I could forget, is of course my brevet — don't forget your brevet on Sunday, people!  :thumbsup:  You pick this up at Registration tomorrow and it becomes your Most Important Possession until it is removed from your sticky, sweaty grasp 1440km later — which will invoke some interesting emotions at that time!
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2017, 10:28:30 am »

Saddle and seat post.
Shoes.
Skewers for wheels.

Ah, the benefit of being able to ride to the station from home to get the train to the start is that there's no way I would be missing any of those bits!  ;)

The one that's most, MOST important, which I could forget, is of course my brevet — don't forget your brevet on Sunday, people!  :thumbsup:  You pick this up at Registration tomorrow and it becomes your Most Important Possession until it is removed from your sticky, sweaty grasp 1440km later — which will invoke some interesting emotions at that time!

But you won't get a brevet card on Saturday if you forget to bring Photo Id. Or so I read in an email.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #5 on: 28 July, 2017, 01:06:40 pm »
I think also a Birth Certificate may be required and or a notorised affidavit from a solicitor (but preferrably a barrister or judge)!

« Reply #6 on: 28 July, 2017, 02:30:19 pm »
I see from Facebook that one LEL rider's bike box was not loaded onto the plane in which he flew.
He has been informed it should fly to Gatwick tomorrow, where they hope to be reunited.

BTDT at PBP 2015. There's a reason we arrived in the UK a week before the start. Getting the bike 17 hrs before our start time was interesting.
California Dreaming

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #7 on: 28 July, 2017, 10:19:42 pm »
I can tell you exactly what it was like.  My bike arrived in one piece on the Mille Miglia in 2010, but with the handlebars bent inwards as if they had been in a vice and one wheel buckled like a banana.  Since then I have mostly driven to events with the bike in the back.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #8 on: 29 July, 2017, 02:08:35 pm »
I see from mmmartin's urgent plea that yet another bike has gone astray in transit.

We are NOT amused!