Author Topic: Being Human  (Read 9737 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Being Human
« Reply #75 on: 07 March, 2011, 11:12:42 pm »
FFS - I've avoided this thread for 2 weeks; now I've caught up I come in here and find not a trace of spoilers !!!

Anyhoo ...
I'm going to stop mentioning all my minor niggles, and just admit this is getting better by the week. The episode where they find a new taker for that spare room was quite close to being the best thing since Buffy finished.

(Anyone know what I've seen Nancy in before? Too lazy to google ... )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #76 on: 07 March, 2011, 11:16:49 pm »

Dunno. I recognised the face and accent, but Googling showied nothing familiar on her CV. In the end I came to the conclusion that she was a budget version of Keira Knightley.  ;)
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #77 on: 07 March, 2011, 11:24:29 pm »
... with a slightly Welsh accent (which might explain the budget aspect).
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #78 on: 14 March, 2011, 11:36:56 am »
Was it me, or was last night's episode a bit of a damp squid? :-\
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #79 on: 14 March, 2011, 12:05:36 pm »

Dunno. I recognised the face and accent, but Googling showied nothing familiar on her CV. In the end I came to the conclusion that she was a budget version of Keira Knightley.  ;)

According to imdb, she hasn't been in much telly at all - not even the Bill or Corrie.

I have a funny feeling we'll be seeing more of her, though... did Herrick kill her or did he "recruit" her?

It certainly wasn't as scary as last week's. Maybe it depends how much you have invested emotionally in Mitchell as a character. I was following the reactions on Twitter and there were quite a few reports of tears at the end.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #80 on: 14 March, 2011, 02:54:45 pm »

I thought the ending worked quite well - as the actor playing Mitchell is off playing a dwarf and thus impending Hollywood, it seemed like a good way to end it.  The chemistry between him and the ghost never really worked for me.

But yeah, the episode was not as good as last weeks. It was all about setting up for Season 4 , innit?

border-rider

« Reply #81 on: 14 March, 2011, 03:47:24 pm »

It could comfortably have been half the length, for sure.

Some interesting resolutions, though, and not just the two chaps looking out of the car into the sunrise.  It does look horribly to me as if it's been set up for yetanother vamps vs wolves armagedathon though.  Probably best if they stop now...

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #82 on: 14 March, 2011, 04:29:35 pm »
 Probably best if they stop now...

They don't seem to agree - a fourth series has already been commissioned.

TV - News - 'Being Human' lands fourth series - Digital Spy

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #83 on: 15 March, 2011, 09:42:04 am »
MItchell may not be gone yet it seems. The actor who plays him doesn't know yet. Perhaps he could come pack as a ghost.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #84 on: 16 March, 2011, 06:32:49 pm »
O. M. G.

Just caught up with this via iPlayer...

(click to show/hide)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #85 on: 06 February, 2012, 11:31:53 am »
Watched the first of the new series last night:

(click to show/hide)
Pen Pusher

« Reply #86 on: 06 February, 2012, 11:55:58 am »
I found it a bit "Meh": kind of a season 2 finale part 2.

(click to show/hide)

border-rider

« Reply #87 on: 06 February, 2012, 12:07:50 pm »
It's probably a fair indicator of something when the original cast are exiting apace.  Maybe the woman who plays the ghost still needs the work.

I'll give it time though; the new characters have potential and if they can weave an engaging tale it'll work. Not sure about whatsisface from the Fast Show though. This week I have mostly been boggling at human parchment. Not sure overt comedy fitted too well in that scene.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #88 on: 06 February, 2012, 12:24:30 pm »
Not sure about whatsisface from the Fast Show though.

Oh, I dunno, I thought he was rather refreshing. Which was nice.
Pen Pusher