Author Topic: Fleet Moss 200  (Read 1785 times)

Really Ancien

Fleet Moss 200
« on: 25 September, 2009, 05:14:07 pm »
Anyone else doing this ride? I'm down for it, it remains to be seen if I can get round. There is a cop out option at Dent, whereby you transfer to the 150. Entry on the Line is usual for this. Weather looks like being overcast but dryish. All the serious climbing is in the first half and a bit. But there is a lot of it.

Damon.

rdaviesb

Re: Fleet Moss 200
« Reply #1 on: 25 September, 2009, 05:21:08 pm »
I may be out. Depends on how the first half of the weekend goes. Probably going to stick with the 150.

Tigers Taxi

« Reply #2 on: 25 September, 2009, 06:57:21 pm »
Anyone else doing this ride?

I'll be dragging myself around again, glad to see its back on the calender.

Andy S

Really Ancien

« Reply #3 on: 28 September, 2009, 12:26:46 pm »
A very benign day for it. I rode a lot with a guy from Naseby, I'm sorry, I'm terrible with names. He'd not been to the Trough of Bowland, Lamb and Tatham Fell, Barbondale or Fleet Moss before, so for him it was a bit of a 'Small Dales Explorer'. We tend to focus on the 3,500 metres of climbing so much that we miss the fact that on a good day it is a stunningly beautiful ride with a great variety of scenery. It was always the season closer/ hillclimb training ride for local clubs, hence the timing, but it would be excellent in June.
If you want to see Wyresdale, the Trough of Bowland, the Hodder Valley, Lonsdale, Barbondale, Dentdale, Ribblesdale, Wensleydale, Wharfedale, The Ribble Valley and back to the Wyre Valley, then this is the ride for you.
We were wondering what gear Mike Thompson rode to get round. 68" was the guess, anyone know?

Damon.