Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 869323 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3750 on: 25 March, 2020, 02:07:54 pm »
Incurable gammonella virus-carrier and Torygraph hack Allison Pearson opens mouth, inserts foot.  Again.

She appears to be gunning for the job of Colossal-Bellend-in-Chief in the wake of the recent spate of 'Piers "Morgan" Moron talking sense' incidents.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #3751 on: 25 March, 2020, 02:36:56 pm »
The 5 suggested responses are quite amusing
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3752 on: 25 March, 2020, 04:17:19 pm »
I liked the University Challenge one :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3753 on: 25 March, 2020, 05:11:37 pm »
Tim Gammon has outdone himself...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/25/jd-wetherspoon-refuses-pay-suppliers-until-uk-coronavirus-lockdown-ends

He has always been an utter cunt towards suppliers, it's the core of his business model, but not paying for goods already delivered is beyond the pale.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #3754 on: 26 March, 2020, 11:31:11 am »
There's a picture doing the rounds of the tastefully redecorated exterior of the 'spoons in Crystal Palace, which I'd link to if I was on the Proper Computer.

Edit:

citoyen

« Reply #3755 on: 26 March, 2020, 01:22:37 pm »
Mike Ashley, another well-known businessman from the Tim Gammon mould... after trying to claim that selling cheap sport-related tat was an essential service, now this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/25/newcastle-fans-angry-with-club-for-not-halting-season-ticket-payments

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3756 on: 26 March, 2020, 08:45:23 pm »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/25/jd-wetherspoon-refuses-pay-suppliers-until-uk-coronavirus-lockdown-ends

He has always been an utter cunt towards suppliers, it's the core of his business model, but not paying for goods already delivered is beyond the pale.
I wonder if telling his ex-staff to work at Tesco was his big Ratner moment?  I suppose the sort of people who frequent Spoons are either gammonati or the sort of people who don't care as long as they can get drunk cheaply.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3757 on: 26 March, 2020, 09:06:58 pm »
We can only hope so Roger.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #3758 on: 26 March, 2020, 09:33:50 pm »
Quote from: citoyen
... not paying for goods already delivered is beyond the pale.
That sounds awfully like theft* to me.  I bet he's hoping that the suppliers go to the wall so he never has to pay them or only has to pay the liquidators a fraction of what's owed.

*I expect he's got some weaselly clause in his contracts that lets his Co. arbitrarily extend deadlines for payment so we won't be treated to the delightful sight of him being frog-marched in handcuffs into the back of a Black Maria.  Pity. 
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3759 on: 27 March, 2020, 07:11:09 am »
I'd like to see him being shoved into the back seat of a Ford Consul in the customary manner by Regan and Carter.  It might take a few goes to get all the hair in.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

citoyen

Super-Twat
« Reply #3760 on: 27 March, 2020, 07:57:29 am »
I suppose the sort of people who frequent Spoons are either gammonati or the sort of people who don't care as long as they can get drunk cheaply.

My parents like to walk to Ramsgate and stop at the Megaspoons for breakfast. They don’t like Tim Gammon and they aren’t especially enamoured of their fellow clientele, but the lure of the eggs benedict and unlimited coffee is too strong. They’re not part of the 11am Stella brigade at least.

I’m an occasional user of Spoons (they’re very convenient!) but will be boycotting them from now on. Could make life interesting on future audaxes...

« Reply #3761 on: 27 March, 2020, 09:16:34 am »
People have long memories and the likes of Martin, Ashley and others might do very well to consider thus and change their outlook and behaviour.

Money will be scarce for millions for years to come so they will be careful how they spend remembering how these greedy and thoughtless fools treated society during this crisis.

citoyen

« Reply #3762 on: 27 March, 2020, 09:21:51 am »
People have long memories...

I wish that were true. People like me are mostly hypocrites and convenience/price usually outweighs principles.

ian

« Reply #3763 on: 27 March, 2020, 09:30:37 am »
I occasionally had a quick pint (and toilet break) when waiting for a bus or train but since he sought to use his (and they're not actually his, doesn't he have a minority shareholding) pubs as a platform for his views, I've not been in one since. It's not a stance I'll be changing.

Sadly, I think the lure of cheap, convenient beer won't make this sort of behaviour stick in people's minds.

« Reply #3764 on: 27 March, 2020, 09:48:35 am »
Many people will boycott and many more will unfortunately by virtue of economic circumstances.

Ashley clearly understands - he has apologised to the gubbishment.  Should have apologised to the country though.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #3765 on: 27 March, 2020, 12:13:42 pm »
There is a scurrilous rumour doing the rounds that the COVID-19 virus did not originate in China but rather in the carpet of a 'spoons in Stoke.  Seems legit.

One of the suppliers Horst Würzel is declining to pay is Wimbledon Brewery.  Wimbledon Brewery make a BEER called "Pitbull", so named because it is brewed "in association with" Brian Moore.  No, not the one whose head looked uncannily like London Planetarium, the former England hooker.  Who is also a qualified solicitor.  Now I do not believe you wanted to do that, Horst.

rr

« Reply #3766 on: 27 March, 2020, 12:17:56 pm »
There is a scurrilous rumour doing the rounds that the COVID-19 virus did not originate in China but rather in the carpet of a 'spoons in Stoke.  Seems legit.

One of the suppliers Horst Würzel is declining to pay is Wimbledon Brewery.  Wimbledon Brewery make a BEER called "Pitbull", so named because it is brewed "in association with" Brian Moore.  No, not the one whose head looked uncannily like London Planetarium, the former England hooker.  Who is also a qualified solicitor.  Now I do not believe you wanted to do that, Horst.
Mr Moore is angry, I think the gammony one may regret this particular bit of twattery.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

« Reply #3767 on: 27 March, 2020, 01:46:30 pm »
People have long memories...

I wish that were true. People like me are mostly hypocrites and convenience/price usually outweighs principles.

I still refuse to buy any Murdoch products, and that started with my disgust at their P3 feature in the Sun when I was old enough to realise this was completely out of order, in my teens.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #3768 on: 27 March, 2020, 01:48:12 pm »

Mr Moore is angry, I think the gammony one may regret this particular bit of twattery.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

And you don't want to make Mr Moore angry. (I was at Uni with him.)
Rust never sleeps

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3769 on: 27 March, 2020, 03:53:00 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I won't go to a 'spoons again...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3770 on: 27 March, 2020, 04:06:26 pm »
Out of 'spoons, huh?
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

citoyen

« Reply #3771 on: 27 March, 2020, 04:07:07 pm »
I have to confess that I have for brief spells worked for both Mike Ashley* and Rupert Murdoch.

When you have a wife and son to feed, and mortgage to pay, well-paid jobs trump principles.

*Indirectly, although the job involved being in regular contact with some pretty senior SD people.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #3772 on: 31 March, 2020, 11:28:56 am »
Three people died in a house fire in Hemel Hempstead the other day.  Fire investigators and the police are still poring over the wreckage when who should come a-running but our old friend "Daily Mail Reporter", hassling both the neighbours (including my grate frend Chairman Al) and relatives of the deceased.  On the plus side, Plod has threatened to arrest them for breach of lockdown regulations if they show up again.

« Reply #3773 on: 31 March, 2020, 02:04:43 pm »
So many , so bloody many....  but it's Toby again .... https://twitter.com/byers90/status/1244962254006685696?s=20

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #3774 on: 31 March, 2020, 02:13:38 pm »

Isn't Mr Moore always angry, mostly at the ref
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens