Author Topic: Harthope Moss Ride  (Read 2996 times)

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
Harthope Moss Ride
« on: 09 February, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »
Deano and I rode a nice long way in the wind and rain on Friday. It was his idea to have a tailwind assist ride north and catch a train home - so why did he have to include the highest through-road in England?

I really enjoyed the ride but found it totally exhausting. That might have a little to do with the 5:2 diet I'm on.

He called this the Tees-Tyne ride but I was happier with the Harthope Moss 200. Deano took more photos than I did but I suspect they were ruined by having me in them - heh. I also think I tried his patience by not being able to remember place names and to be unable to convert between km and miles with any degree of consistency. Then we went for lunch where they grow the carrots especially for the soup. While you wait.

A great day out - and riding a one-way route lets you explore loads of new roads.

Re: Harthope Moss Ride
« Reply #1 on: 09 February, 2016, 09:43:35 pm »
Not being unable to convert between km and miles could be dangerous on a '200';)

Sounds like a great ride.

Mike

« Reply #2 on: 09 February, 2016, 10:32:21 pm »
Sorry, Graeme...

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 09 February, 2016, 10:34:40 pm »
Don't be sorry. It was a Rupha ride. :)

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 09 February, 2016, 10:36:49 pm »
Not being unable to convert between km and miles could be dangerous on a '200';)

Mike

May add an extra dimension of fun to our Arrow. Hope your training is going well. ;)

« Reply #5 on: 09 February, 2016, 10:45:59 pm »

Mike

May add an extra dimension of fun to our Arrow. Hope your training is going well. ;)

mmm, seem to have started calorie loading without enough calorie using. You may need to abandon me in Essex at the current rate of progress. Going to try a 200 next week, whether I feel ready or not, to see how it goes.

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 10 February, 2016, 06:48:59 am »
 :thumbsup:

You can do it Mike... We just keep pedaling!

« Reply #7 on: 10 February, 2016, 10:21:33 am »
Superb, Graeme.  The map looks good - The Big C, Circumnavigation of Consett!

« Reply #8 on: 10 February, 2016, 05:59:59 pm »
:thumbsup:

You can do it Mike... We just keep pedaling!

Hi Graeme

Bit of a dark hour last night! Your encouragement has encouraged me, thank you!

Mike

Alexander Turner

• Enough is plenty. Good enough will do.
« Reply #9 on: 14 February, 2016, 03:51:00 pm »
Looks like a great route. I love the landscape up that way. Couple of place names (Morpeth and Otterburn) had me thinking back on a two day ride I did about this time last year from Newcastle to Edinburgh via the Otterburn Range in Northumberland National Park. Next time the kids shout out "when will tea be ready" I shall be calling back, "when the vegetables have grown!". Love it. Great stuff.

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 14 February, 2016, 04:00:34 pm »
Cheers Alex.  :)