Author Topic: Tour of Britain Stage 6  (Read 1903 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Tour of Britain Stage 6
« on: 07 September, 2008, 11:15:09 pm »
I read in this week's Cycling Weekly (p50), that the best place to watch Stage six (Darlington to Newcastle Gateshead) is the Humber Bridge or the finish in Gateshead.  ??? ??? ???
Getting there...

Re: Tour of Britain Stage 6
« Reply #1 on: 07 September, 2008, 11:20:50 pm »
The Humber Bridge is crossing the Tyne for the occasion.  Didn't you hear?

I'm planning to watch the climb at Maiden Law, then dart over to Gateshead for the finish. 

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 08 September, 2008, 10:39:49 am »
It may mean that the Humber Bridge actually ends up going somewhere more interesting than Scunny! ;D
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 08 September, 2008, 11:38:10 am »
Ah - and it tells us of the 360 degree bend at Tower Hill.  Amazing I ever saw them back along the Embankment ::-)
Getting there...

« Reply #4 on: 08 September, 2008, 12:20:46 pm »
It may mean that the Humber Bridge actually ends up going somewhere more interesting than Scunny! ;D

It's a Tyneside plot to nick everything on Humberside worth having - first Get Carter, then the bridge.  Soon there'll be no reason to visit the place at all...

« Reply #5 on: 08 September, 2008, 02:16:16 pm »
Just been past the racecourse in Worcester. They have no chance of starting from there on Wednesday it is under 3 foot of water.

Has anywhere been stated as an alternative?
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

« Reply #6 on: 08 September, 2008, 02:23:03 pm »
Just been past the racecourse in Worcester. They have no chance of starting from there on Wednesday it is under 3 foot of water

There are a few good photos of people using Worcester Racecourse for rowing:-

One online one I found: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_03/worcsfloodsPA1301_468x328.jpg
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."