Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1627930 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #3875 on: 07 September, 2013, 06:07:03 am »
As a result of driving a convertible due west all week, the left side of my face has acquired a respectable tan.  The right side looks like it's spent the summer indoors drinking BEER.  I look like the Phantom of the fucking Opera.  If it isn't sunny one the way back I'm going to have to start job-hunting looking like a twat.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #3876 on: 07 September, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »
Yet another weekend lost to urgent work. Bloody weary of all this.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #3877 on: 07 September, 2013, 09:00:23 pm »
As a result of driving a convertible due west all week, the left side of my face has acquired a respectable tan.  The right side looks like it's spent the summer indoors drinking BEER.  I look like the Phantom of the fucking Opera.  If it isn't sunny one the way back I'm going to have to start job-hunting looking like a twat.

Sunbed quick

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #3878 on: 07 September, 2013, 10:28:20 pm »
Gah, no Nigel fix this week  :(

« Reply #3879 on: 09 September, 2013, 11:32:31 am »
I need to top up a mobile phone.  I'm at work. I can't do it online as for whatever reason our works laptops/network won't render the site properly.  Ok, I'll use my phone to get to the site. But Orange (ok EE), a mobile phome operator, do not appear to have a site optimised - wait for it - for viewing on a mobile phone. It just loads the full website - whereas other content providers automatically default to a smart-phone sized screen "m" version. Pooh.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3880 on: 09 September, 2013, 02:02:35 pm »
It's really annoying when someone makes a crappy form-for-filling-in in Word and delineates the spaces for typing in with ... . It's even more annoying when they put boxes-to-be-Xd in by adding a tiny square which isn't a text box and can't be typed in.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #3881 on: 09 September, 2013, 03:49:04 pm »

Sunbed quick
Mirror on the dashboard
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3882 on: 09 September, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »

Sunbed quick
Mirror on the dashboard

Get a Windcheetah.  Then they'll be too busy trying to work out your elbows to notice the tan on your face.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3883 on: 09 September, 2013, 06:55:04 pm »

Sunbed quick
Mirror on the dashboard
"I think that was by The Beat, Ken."
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3884 on: 10 September, 2013, 10:21:21 am »
Look.  I am aware of some of what you are working on, and I’m sure we may have had previous discussions.
But,
Your world is not something I spend my whole life thinking about.  I’ve probably been to bed at least 30 times since our last discussion.
So,
Your e-mail which roughly translates as “We need to do the biz with the wossname”, requesting my thoughts, could have been a little more helpful.  Just a few extra words might have saved me having to go back and waste time refreshing my poor old brain.

Lazy git!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #3885 on: 10 September, 2013, 02:07:21 pm »
I have taken to saying to people when they refer to your last query the thing we were discussing and other such vague references that we are so hideously busy that I lose track and can make kind to clarify which specific item they are referring to.

It doesn't help that the reference last time wasn't even for me it was for my colleague whose name is a bit similar to mine I don't like sharing similar names it annoying

this brought to you by firebreathing Dragon NaturallySpeaking dictation hell which is just wrong computers of typing on not talking to although this version does at least understand me when I'm not being sarcastic previous versions have required me to be cross and sarcastic before it understood be I could do without the lag though.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #3886 on: 10 September, 2013, 10:05:58 pm »
Dearest junior, it's great that you are doing your homework, even if it is at 22:00 o'clock.

But please not to be asking me about maths I've not done since school at this hour.
Yes, I'll figure it out, but not tonight.

NN.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #3887 on: 10 September, 2013, 10:10:24 pm »
Dearest Junior, You spent 6 or 8 weeks assuring us that you had no homework set. Why are you now writing up the notes from the geography trip back in June?
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #3888 on: 11 September, 2013, 09:46:07 am »
Dear big shiny silver BMW with the 2-letter 2-number personal plate. It was really lovely of you to pull out reeeeallly wide to pas me last night :thumbsup:

Was the bend half-way down The Greenway really the place to do it thobut :facepalm:
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3889 on: 12 September, 2013, 08:25:00 am »
Candidates for Koko's Little List:

People who enter a nice, warm bathroom, use the cludge then open the window because they don't "believe" in air fresheners, so that the next one in freezes his arse off.

Our goddamned cleaning woman who persists in leaving her wretched cleaning cloths to dry right on the corner of the bath where I park my book.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #3890 on: 12 September, 2013, 09:08:51 am »
To be honest, I'd rather have a frozen arse than smell most air fresheners - I can warm up quicker than I can forget the chemical taint in my nostrils.

« Reply #3891 on: 12 September, 2013, 09:38:21 am »
To be honest, I'd rather have a frozen arse than smell most air fresheners - I can warm up quicker than I can forget the chemical taint in my nostrils.
ditto
<i>Marmite slave</i>

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3892 on: 12 September, 2013, 10:22:58 am »

So hold the air freshener: I'd rather have the nice warm friendly natural pong of a fellow human than plonk down shivering on a slice of frigid plastic.  The nose dismisses smells far faster than the cold recedes.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3893 on: 12 September, 2013, 10:28:19 am »

So hold the air freshener: I'd rather have the nice warm friendly natural pong of a fellow human than plonk down shivering on a slice of frigid plastic.  The nose dismisses smells far faster than the cold recedes.
How about a fan? Air fresheners don't freshen the air, they just mask whatever's there with a pseudo-floral cocktail. Which could be a metaphor for much more of life...
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3894 on: 12 September, 2013, 10:42:44 am »
Oh yes, open window/air freshener is a false dichotomy, though my wife feels that the fan is too slow-acting.

the nice warm friendly natural pong of a fellow human

Hmmm. There are times I'd rather not inflict the aroma on myself again, let alone on anyone else.

« Reply #3895 on: 12 September, 2013, 10:46:23 am »
Oh yes, open window/air freshener is a false dichotomy, though my wife feels that the fan is too slow-acting.

the nice warm friendly natural pong of a fellow human

Hmmm. There are times I'd rather not inflict the aroma on myself again, let alone on anyone else.

Now you've confused me. Was it you or me in my khasi a short while ago?

« Reply #3896 on: 12 September, 2013, 11:29:42 am »
I don't know - is your khazi upstairs in my house? Should I check?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3897 on: 12 September, 2013, 12:55:48 pm »

How about a fan? Air fresheners don't freshen the air, they just mask whatever's there with a pseudo-floral cocktail. Which could be a metaphor for much more of life...

In my experience, they don't even do that.  Poo + air freshener = pooey air freshener.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3898 on: 12 September, 2013, 02:01:07 pm »
I don't know - is your khazi upstairs in my house? Should I check?

Maybe it's a gateway to another universe.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3899 on: 12 September, 2013, 07:56:47 pm »
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.