General Category > Velo Fixe

Square taper crankset options

(1/2) > >>

howdee:
What are the current square taper crankset options if buying new from the UK?

Preferably 130 BCD as I already have 44t chainrings, and 42mm chainline or thereabouts without any bodging being required.

Asking in a new thread rather than hijack the Mono thread.

trumpet:
Since downsizing to 170mm crank length on my bikes, I've purchased a few pairs of Spa cranks. They do the job and are good value for money IMO.

Pickled Onion:
Sturmey-Archer FCT10 and FCT20 series are 130 BCD, but they'll give you 43.5mm chainline. From hubjub or SJS.

https://www.sturmey-archer.com/files/catalog/files/263/SPECIFICATIONS%20-%20FRONT%20CRANKSETS%20FCT.pdf

Timb:
I’ve used the spa rd2 cranks with 110mm bb and then different 110 bcd chain rings.  I put the chain ring on the inside.

I have had one chainring I just have not been able to get correct to get even chain tension but multiple other chainrings have been fine.  I seems that I was a bit unlucky with that chain ring and even after loosening the bolts and spinning the wheels and then taking a file to the inside of the tight spindles I just couldn’t get that one to sit right.  The majority of others have been no problem at all.

rogerzilla:
Andel (144BCD) from.Hubjub if you want a narrower chainline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version